The Student Room Group

Official Biology 2022 university applicant thread

Hi This is the Biology applicant thread for the 2022 start.

So will start this off so feel free to answer below and anything else you wish to add

What course are you applying for:
What universities are you thinking of:
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:
Original post by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Hi This is the Biology applicant thread for the 2022 start.

So will start this off so feel free to answer below and anything else you wish to add

What course are you applying for:
What universities are you thinking of:
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:

So...it seems like I'll be the only one applying for biology this year :p:

What course are you applying for: MBiol with placement years/years abroad in some places
What universities are you thinking of: York, Exeter, Leeds, Bath, Bristol
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades: A*AA
GCSE grades: 99988887765
Extra curriculars: Read a book, watched a doc., wrote an essay and helped out in the science dept on open evenings and stuff.
Reply 2
Original post by Bookworm_88
So...it seems like I'll be the only one applying for biology this year :p:

What course are you applying for: MBiol with placement years/years abroad in some places
What universities are you thinking of: York, Exeter, Leeds, Bath, Bristol
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades: A*AA
GCSE grades: 99988887765
Extra curriculars: Read a book, watched a doc., wrote an essay and helped out in the science dept on open evenings and stuff.

I went to York and Leeds on the open days with my eldest. Was impressed with York. The city has great character and history and the campus was very nice to walk around :smile:
I went to York and Leeds on the open days with my eldest. Was impressed with York. The city has great character and history and the campus was very nice to walk around :smile:

Yeh, I was thinking of keeping York as my insurance, the city seems really nice and it's al compact and everything (in theory) seems to be in walking distance! The reason why I picked leeds was because they do a year abroad for every year :tongue:
my name is Tamara (tammy if its easier)

What course are you applying for: Bio, Zoology, Biomed, medical genetics, bio
What universities are you thinking of: Qmul, Roehampton, brunel
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades: A*A*B also known as distinction *, distinction *, B
GCSE grades: 97766554
Extracurriculars: dofe, ncs, olympiad, volunteering, big bang, book, documentary, ucl med talk, jack petchy, student of the hallf term, prefect, author of a newsletter, kcl aspirations programme, kingstom programm, kcl biology tutor program, kcl cross curricular.
Reply 5
Original post by tammsterr
my name is Tamara (tammy if its easier)

What course are you applying for: Bio, Zoology, Biomed, medical genetics, bio
What universities are you thinking of: Qmul, Roehampton, brunel
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades: A*A*B also known as distinction *, distinction *, B
GCSE grades: 97766554
Extracurriculars: dofe, ncs, olympiad, volunteering, big bang, book, documentary, ucl med talk, jack petchy, student of the hallf term, prefect, author of a newsletter, kcl aspirations programme, kingstom programm, kcl biology tutor program, kcl cross curricular.

my youngest (year 12 at the moment) is looking at zoology. Shes been to Chester and Lancaster and loved both. Which course are you prefering?
my youngest (year 12 at the moment) is looking at zoology. Shes been to Chester and Lancaster and loved both. Which course are you prefering?

i applied to;
qmul; biology, zoology, medical genetics
brunel; biomed
roehampton; biology
Reply 7
i applied to;
qmul; biology, zoology, medical genetics
brunel; biomed
roehampton; biology

Nice, which course do you fancy the most? Zoology has bits of biology like cells and a bit of biochem and genetics.
Nice, which course do you fancy the most? Zoology has bits of biology like cells and a bit of biochem and genetics.

my top choice is biology at qmul due to its broadness but i love all of the other courses too! i have to say biomed is my last choice tho.
Reply 9
my top choice is biology at qmul due to its broadness but i love all of the other courses too! i have to say biomed is my last choice tho.

Daughter is doing her alevels and hates BioChem. if she could avoid it she would lol.
Reply 10
Anyone know where the biomed 22 group chat is?
Hi all, I'm Holly and I'm glad to find a bio thread!

What course are you applying for: MSc Biodiversity and Conservation

What universities are you thinking of: Confirmed the University of Sheffield

Extra curriculars: Yorkshire Wildlife Trust volunteer, reading books about Felids, adventuring in the lake District, cooking, anime, Netflix.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending