The Student Room Group

Sociology teacher

Hey y’all
I want to be a sociology teacher in the UK but I can’t find out what degree(s) I need at uni
I was just wondering if anyone knows the best route and if uni of Bath is any good to achieve this
Original post by teddybear4444h
Hey y’all
I want to be a sociology teacher in the UK but I can’t find out what degree(s) I need at uni
I was just wondering if anyone knows the best route and if uni of Bath is any good to achieve this

Hi, you could do an undergraduate degree BSc in Sociology and then do a PGCE in Secondary Social Science with QTS. Hope this helps!
Original post by sashadivachic
Hi, you could do an undergraduate degree BSc in Sociology and then do a PGCE in Secondary Social Science with QTS. Hope this helps!

Thnx
Original post by teddybear4444h
Hey y’all

@teddybear4444h
Hello! I've been teaching in the social sciences for 10 years in an FE college so I can help.

A standard BA Hons Sociology degree for starters, PGCE in Secondary Social Science with QTS for secondary schools which is your best option as it allows you to teach in FE College's too. In terms of employability, their does tend to be a lot more vacancies which come up to teach Psychology at A Level than Sociology. When you graduate be broad minded in what you think you can teach and grab opportunities offered to you. I've taught Access to HE Sociology, Psychology, Film & Media, Education Studies, and Health Studies with my Sociology degree

You'll do great!

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Original post by Arden University
@teddybear4444h
Hello! I've been teaching in the social sciences for 10 years in an FE college so I can help.

A standard BA Hons Sociology degree for starters, PGCE in Secondary Social Science with QTS for secondary schools which is your best option as it allows you to teach in FE College's too. In terms of employability, their does tend to be a lot more vacancies which come up to teach Psychology at A Level than Sociology. When you graduate be broad minded in what you think you can teach and grab opportunities offered to you. I've taught Access to HE Sociology, Psychology, Film & Media, Education Studies, and Health Studies with my Sociology degree

You'll do great!

Marc

Thank you
That’s really helpful especially seeing as I have been considering teaching law as well like my own law teacher does (law & sociology)
Original post by Arden University
@teddybear4444h

You'll do great!

Marc

So would u say it’s possible to be a sociology teacher with an advertising degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending