The Student Room Group

What do I drop?

Got the opportunity to change one of my subjects for maths a level (got a grade 8 for gcse) as I want to keep my options open because I feel that 3 humanities a levels (history, English lit and sociology) are too limiting as I don’t actually know what I want to do at uni. I like history and am not considering dropping it, English literature I’m unsure about because I like it and apparently my teacher gets good grades but I don’t know whether my workload will be made unbearable. I don’t like how my sociology teacher teaches but I like the subject however you don’t need it to study it at uni if I wanted to.
So, is it wise to drop one of these for maths and if so, which one should it be?
Don’t have much time, have to decide by tomorrow so pls reply quickly!!
Edit: nvm I’m not changing wnything
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by no.1pe-hater
Got the opportunity to change one of my subjects for maths a level (got a grade 8 for gcse) as I want to keep my options open because I feel that 3 humanities a levels (history, English lit and sociology) are too limiting as I don’t actually know what I want to do at uni. I like history and am not considering dropping it, English literature I’m unsure about because I like it and apparently my teacher gets good grades but I don’t know whether my workload will be made unbearable. I don’t like how my sociology teacher teaches but I like the subject however you don’t need it to study it at uni if I wanted to.
So, is it wise to drop one of these for maths and if so, which one should it be?
Don’t have much time, have to decide by tomorrow so pls reply quickly!!

Solely based on the fact that "I don’t like how my sociology teacher teaches", I'd drop Sociology of the three.

Quick Reply

Latest