Reply 2
Original post by tinyperson
good luck

That does not sound good at all lol but appreciate it all the same
I’ve worked up from AO to HEO in 1.5 years, what would you like to know? ☺️
Reply 4
Original post by Tennie1995
I’ve worked up from AO to HEO in 1.5 years, what would you like to know? ☺️

Everything lol, naw was wondering just how difficult the interview process is?
Original post by bell430
Everything lol, naw was wondering just how difficult the interview process is?

Out of 10 I’d say the difficulty is around an 8 But the key is being prepared. Have about 2/3 possible answers for each strength and behaviour that the advert is asking for. My top tip is to look at the success profiles and aim to answer for the grade higher. That ensures that you’re hitting all the objectives for the role. Always use the STAR (situation, task, action, result).

Here’s the link to the success profiles.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/717275/CS_Behaviours_2018.pdf

During the video interview you get a minute to think about each answer. Make sure that your notes (I recommend having some) are organised so you can find your answer to easily. I recommend sticking post-it notes in your screen, it makes things easier. I bought a guide from How 2 become called “24 HEO Civil Service interview questions and answers” it might useful for you but it’s mostly common sense advice.

Good luck!
Reply 6
Out of 10 I’d say the difficulty is around an 8 But the key is being prepared. Have about 2/3 possible answers for each strength and behaviour that the advert is asking for. My top tip is to look at the success profiles and aim to answer for the grade higher. That ensures that you’re hitting all the objectives for the role. Always use the STAR (situation, task, action, result).

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/717275/CS_Behaviours_2018.pdf

During the video interview you get a minute to think about each answer. Make sure that your notes (I recommend having some) are organised so you can find your answer to easily. I recommend sticking post-it notes in your screen, it makes things easier. I bought a guide from How 2 become called “24 HEO Civil Service interview questions and answers” it might useful for you but it’s mostly common sense advice.

Good luck!

As in the panel gives you a minute?

Really do appreciate that thanks
Reply 7

Good luck!

Was wondering also, is that book worth it?
Original post by bell430
Was wondering also, is that book worth it?

You get a minute to think before you record each answer. The guide is ok, to me the contents wasn’t anything I don’t already know because it included a lot of things that I’d already known from progression exercises at work. If you want I can forward the guide to you.
Reply 9
You get a minute to think before you record each answer. The guide is ok, to me the contents wasn’t anything I don’t already know because it included a lot of things that I’d already known from progression exercises at work. If you want I can forward the guide to you.

Omg that would be fantastic really do appreciate that

Hi sorry I’m scared for my interview. If my answers are brief is that bad? Would I be wasting their time?

Latest

Trending

Trending