The Student Room Group

Is Iqualify UK's PGCE legit?

I have been researching the option of a PGCE with many established Uni's in the UK with costs ranging from 2500 to 10000. I inadvertently stumbled onto iQualify UK, which offers the PGCE and is apparently awarded by LRN(Learner Resource Network) and endorsed by AdvanceHE and costs 1200 and takes 6 months to complete.

In order to get the price, I had to make contact, and start an application. I haven't even completed my degree, and I have been accepted to start.

I only bring this up because LRN has not responded to my request for verification and I cannot find any info on IqualifyUK online. Asking if anyone could provide any relevant feedback, so as to either provide more info on them online as a scam(which I think it is), prevent more victims, or actually endorse them as legit(I don't think this will be the case.)
Original post by MCREDD
I have been researching the option of a PGCE with many established Uni's in the UK with costs ranging from 2500 to 10000. I inadvertently stumbled onto iQualify UK, which offers the PGCE and is apparently awarded by LRN(Learner Resource Network) and endorsed by AdvanceHE and costs 1200 and takes 6 months to complete.

In order to get the price, I had to make contact, and start an application. I haven't even completed my degree, and I have been accepted to start.

I only bring this up because LRN has not responded to my request for verification and I cannot find any info on IqualifyUK online. Asking if anyone could provide any relevant feedback, so as to either provide more info on them online as a scam(which I think it is), prevent more victims, or actually endorse them as legit(I don't think this will be the case.)

I've not heard of them, and a quick Google search makes me dubious. I would expect that they do not provide Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), and this is pretty much essential if you wish to become a teacher in the UK.

If you are a UK national, you should be eligible for student finance to cover the tuition fees for your teacher training - even if you have already 'used up' your four years of student finance already.
Reply 2
Original post by bluebeetle
I've not heard of them, and a quick Google search makes me dubious. I would expect that they do not provide Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), and this is pretty much essential if you wish to become a teacher in the UK.

If you are a UK national, you should be eligible for student finance to cover the tuition fees for your teacher training - even if you have already 'used up' your four years of student finance already.

Thank you. I pushed them harder and asked for a sample qualification, and it is not even a PGCE, It reads as "Name has been awarded PASS in the LRN Level 7 Certificate in Education." I hope that people get to read this before forking out a thousand pounds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending