Scroll to see replies

Original post by onacapogrossi
i only get 3 options because i have to do german
so im doing:
music
enterprise
german
then either geography/history

Nice! I know it's very early but do you have any idea of any possible A-Levels you would like to do? This could help you decide :smile:
HI GUYS PLEASE TELL ME IF I SHOULD TAKE GEOGRAPHY OR HISTORY I HAVE NO IDEA WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE AS IM GOOD AT THEM BOTH!!!!!
Any advice on what to choose is appreciated!!
thanks <33

if you want an easier subject with less essays choose geography.
if you want a trickier subject with more essays choose history.
kinda depends how interested you are in either subjects, I'm biased as I picked history and love it but the exams are ****in hard, alot of writing, if you cant think and write quickly dont pick history.
oh why shouldnt i do enterprise??!?! please tell me cause idk what im getting my self into
so far ive got;
1- music
2- enterprise
3- german
4- history or geography

Nice, the reason I cautioned Enterprise is cos it’s a BTEC unis and colleges may look past it. If you’ve got Business GCSE go for that instead.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Liliette
Nice! I know it's very early but do you have any idea of any possible A-Levels you would like to do? This could help you decide :smile:

so idk rlly but probably:
1- biology
2- geography (well history if i take a history gcse)
3- german
1- biology
3- german

Nice! I know there is some crossover with Geography A-Level and Biology A-Level, which could be helpful. But History could also be helpful for German. :smile:

(Sorry for the back and forth advice!)
1- biology
3- german

Just out of curiosity is GCSE statistics an option at ur skl?
Original post by Boombazilla
if you want an easier subject with less essays choose geography.
if you want a trickier subject with more essays choose history.
kinda depends how interested you are in either subjects, I'm biased as I picked history and love it but the exams are ****in hard, alot of writing, if you cant think and write quickly dont pick history.

TYSM LOL

Original post by Safwan Chowdhury
Nice, the reason I cautioned Enterprise is cos it’s a BTEC unis and colleges may look past it. If you’ve got Business GCSE go for that instead. I’m also in the same spot as you rn got my options last week I’m gonna pick
Business GCSE
Geography
Spanish
Statistics

ohhh. i cant do that cause music and business are in the same option block on the options form and in my school u can only pick one from each one - its so annoying cause i rlly wanna do business and music lmao
TYSM LOL

ohhh. i cant do that cause music and business are in the same option block on the options form and in my school u can only pick one from each one - its so annoying cause i rlly wanna do business and music lmao

Ohhh nvm. Any other subjects that seem intriguing to you? :smile:
Just out of curiosity is GCSE statistics an option at ur skl?

yeah, its available as a curiulum enhancement option but for that option i was thinking about religious studies
yeah, its available as a curiulum enhancement option but for that option i was thinking about religious studies

Hm, considering you’re taking History or Geography I’d go for statistics rather than Religious Studies. You’ll find Statistics easy, put the effort in and your almost guaranteed 7/8/9.
Nice! I know there is some crossover with Geography A-Level and Biology A-Level, which could be helpful. But History could also be helpful for German. :smile:

(Sorry for the back and forth advice!)

ohhh ok! ill think about that! thanks

Ohhh nvm. Any other subjects that seem intriguing to you? :smile:

well probably either religious studies idk
so do unis not like btec qualifications? im reconsidering now
Hm, considering you’re taking History or Geography I’d go for statistics rather than Religious Studies. You’ll find Statistics easy, put the effort in and your almost guaranteed 7/8/9.

hmm okay ill have a look
ohhh ok! ill think about that! thanks

No problem! I'm sure you'll do amazing in any subject :smile:

so i'm looking at the booklet thing my school gave me and it says statistics is for people who find maths enjoyable-
im in set one but i hate maths
No problem! I'm sure you'll do amazing in any subject :smile:

thank you!! youve helped so much!! :smile:<3
thank you!! youve helped so much!! :smile:<3

No problem! I still have some revision resources left over from GCSE History & Geography if you would like any (just pm me) :smile:
i would say geography as the essays are shorter in geog than the other humanities
No problem! I still have some revision resources left over from GCSE History & Geography if you would like any (just pm me) :smile:

ok thanks!!
so i'm looking at the booklet thing my school gave me and it says statistics is for people who find maths enjoyable-
im in set one but i hate maths

Then it’s a no brainer. You won’t regret it, trust me. 90% of people who took it got A*/A in 2018 at my skl.
Then it’s a no brainer. You won’t regret it, trust me. 90% of people who took it got A*/A in 2018 at my skl.

hmm okay thanks for the advice

Quick Reply

Latest