The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Computer Science Paper 1

Any last minute things to remember for AQA GCSE Computer Science Paper 1? Thanks! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Good luck! :smile:
How did everyone’s exam go
How do you think it went? Lots of people in my class didn’t seem to love how array focused the exam seemed to be.
Original post by Alistair23
How did everyone’s exam go

I think it went really well. At first the 8 and 6 marker near the end seemed horrible but then I just used the logic of the previous questions and then it was fine. How did your exam go?
i didnt too it the cards questions so annoying and I'm trying to find how others did but most did OCR
I've grouped a couple of conversations together that are talking about the same exam. Hope it went well everyone :smile:
What did people get on the question about the differences between WHILE and REPEAT UNTIL. I only got that WHILE checks condition before the code and REPEAT checks after, what was the other answer?
Original post by A_grant05
What did people get on the question about the differences between WHILE and REPEAT UNTIL. I only got that WHILE checks condition before the code and REPEAT checks after, what was the other answer?

I wasn’t really sure but I just took a guess and said how one ran when the value of a was above one and the other ran when a was 1 or lower (I think that’s what the numbers where)
@A_grant05

I think it was the use of different comparative operators to end the loop such as less than and equal / greater than
(edited 1 year ago)
I did my code in pencil, is that going to be fine?
Was there a question 14 because a bunch are saying there was and I don't remember it?
Original post by SarpenedStudent
Was there a question 14 because a bunch are saying there was and I don't remember it?

Yep there was
Original post by noahwdennis
Yep there was

How many marks was it and what was it on?
It might be fine but the reason they ask for pen is that pencil isn’t always readable after being scanned in
How many marks was it and what was it on?

I think it was about a card game unless that was question 13 but I think there was a like 6 or maybe 8 mark coding question there
Original post by Izzy-06
I think it was about a card game unless that was question 13 but I think there was a like 6 or maybe 8 mark coding question there

The last 6 marker I did was sequence of 5 cards in an array, I believe that was 13 but others are saying there was another question afterwards. I don't know if it's a prank or if I've screwed up.
The last 6 marker I did was sequence of 5 cards in an array, I believe that was 13 but others are saying there was another question afterwards. I don't know if it's a prank or if I've screwed up.

I definitely answered all the questions as I checked multiple times. There definitely was a question 14 but I’m not sure if it was that card question or the 8 marker but then again even that could have been an earlier question.
Original post by Izzy-06
I definitely answered all the questions as I checked multiple times. There definitely was a question 14 but I’m not sure if it was that card question or the 8 marker but then again even that could have been an earlier question.

Do you remember what the 8 marker was on?
Do you remember what the 8 marker was on?

I’m not 100% sure but I believe it was about a bingo grid for computer science revision. I believe that was near the end

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending