The Student Room Group

St Johns Ambulance

Hi,
I had a welcome interview with St John Ambulance, midway through the interview, when I couldn't answer a few Questions, I felt anxious and i withdrew saying I felt I wasn't the ideal candidate. How hard is it to get pass the St John Ambulance welcome interview? Thanks.
I have my welcome interview yesterday. It was okay its a informal interview. Just a quick chat its mainly why you want to join st johns ambulance. I just said I wanted to become a paramedic and go to university. I got all anxious on the meeting but I explained I was nervous and they was fine and I passed with flying colours I would just got for it and see it out at the end I promise you. You do it if I can anyone can. Please reply and let me know how you got on
St John Ambulance is great to be apart of, I think that because you had the initiative to want to join SJA and you were anxious at the interview stage (completely normal reaction to a daunting process) shows you're passion about the role and this is who they want; passionate people that want to help the community. Also they want you to be apart of their team, so if you do have any concerns/worries talk to them and ask questions, SJA staff and volunteers are really friendly and approachable.

I hope you get the result you want, good luck :biggrin:
-Drew
Reply 3
Original post by linzi121083
I have my welcome interview yesterday. It was okay its a informal interview. Just a quick chat its mainly why you want to join st johns ambulance. I just said I wanted to become a paramedic and go to university. I got all anxious on the meeting but I explained I was nervous and they was fine and I passed with flying colours I would just got for it and see it out at the end I promise you. You do it if I can anyone can. Please reply and let me know how you got on

Hi, Thank you so much for reaching out. When i had the interview, i wasn't at my best, i was going through really bad anxiety. And when the interviewer asked a question, i just couldnt answer and i felt dumb, i then said something else he asked regarding St John ambulance, i think about what they're responsible for, i said somert and he corrected me, thats when i just couldn't take it, and i said i felt like i wasnt the ideal candidate. I could have done better if i took it at a better time. I emailed them, asking to rebook the interview, hopefully i’ll have the welcome interview in place again.

What sort of stuff did you do to prepare for the interview though. Thank you again for reaching out : ).
Reply 4
Original post by Trolly42b
St John Ambulance is great to be apart of, I think that because you had the initiative to want to join SJA and you were anxious at the interview stage (completely normal reaction to a daunting process) shows you're passion about the role and this is who they want; passionate people that want to help the community. Also they want you to be apart of their team, so if you do have any concerns/worries talk to them and ask questions, SJA staff and volunteers are really friendly and approachable.

I hope you get the result you want, good luck :biggrin:
-Drew

Thank you. I am rebooking the interview. Do you know how competitive it is to get in? Thanks.
Original post by Tanyme
Thank you. I am rebooking the interview. Do you know how competitive it is to get in? Thanks.

Not competitive whatsoever. They will take practically everyone.
Reply 6
Hey, i was wondering if somebody on here knew on how best to prepare for SJA interview? What sort of answers do they look for?

Eg. I was asked ‘if you could be an animal, what animal would you be?’ I never knew what to say lol. Thanks
The answer is badger
Reply 8
Please please - remember they need you far more than you need them and your confidence will grow as you learn more skills and meet more lovely people.

Try not to view the interview as a pass or fail but use it to be curious about them and for them to know some more about your background, likes and dislikes. They probably just want to make sure you are real - Be brave, if you use this as a training get to know them style chat - not an interrogation. Often there are no right or wrong answers only what you can do to fill in the gaps about you beyond your name and age.

The training you receive - learning first aid skills and training for your First Aid at Work are life long skills and I think you will really enjoy the courses and the skills. You can always do this first if you want to, and apply again when your confidence has improved. But if you can find the courage to do the interview again (which I know you have done), climb back in the saddle and you will probably find you learn more about yourself in the process and realise you have more courage than you know. This alone is a real positive and you might use it in future job interviews as a difficulty you recognised and constructively managed.

Quick Reply

Latest