The Student Room Group

Subjects for Law

So I'm sitting for my Cambridge AS exam next May/June 2023 and I have Maths Physics Law and Economics, my law teacher, who also teaches econ, recommended I drop econ as a subject as it won't be aiding me in law as much as I thought I would. The only reason I kept econ in O level and also in A level is that it is an essay-based subject and hence, recommended for uni admissions. He suggested I take psychology instead.

I would have dropped maths phy but I don't want to drop them as I have personal reasons as well as a desire to keep that career field open for me in the future, but keeping econ or psychology (total 4 subjects) seems like extra pressure for me.

Should I keep econ or drop econ and take psychology or am I good to go with just law for uni admissions?
(edited 1 year ago)
If you don’t enjoy eco, then I’d drop it as most unis don’t have any required subjects for law. I took biology, economics, and English and still got a Cambridge law offer. I also know people who got into other top law schools with only stem subjects. Hence, I think it’s best to pick three subjects you really enjoy and think you could preform well in, as getting top grades is far more important than the subject combination and number of qualifications. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by Rebeca5782
If you don’t enjoy eco, then I’d drop it as most unis don’t have any required subjects for law. I took biology, economics, and English and still got a Cambridge law offer. I also know people who got into other top law schools with only stem subjects. Hence, I think it’s best to pick three subjects you really enjoy and think you could preform well in, as getting top grades is far more important than the subject combination and number of qualifications. Hope this helps!

thank you SO much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending