The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University Foundation Course 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Calabi-Yau
Yeah me too, at least I know one other person's going to be in the same boat as me lol.

I wouldn't worry about your GCSE's, if they've emailed you saying they don't need them, then they don't need them. Especially as you've now called to clarify. But if you're worried, you may as well take the certs with you when the year starts, just in case... I'm guessing a couple of pieces of paper wont make too much difference to a years worth of living supplies lol.

Anyone going to the post app open day on the 18th?

Ahh that's good ur first person that's going to butler so far :smile:
Yeah suppose I could do, just find it weird :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 181
Original post by Calabi-Yau
I think he/she means they tried logging in but got a password wrong or something, so the account freezes for security reasons... I don't know though, I'm just assuming there isn't such a thing as being locked out of the account because you logged in too much.

I've heard of people who got banned from UCAS Track for logging in too much so that was what I assumed the case is here.
Original post by Emre944
I've heard of people who got banned from UCAS Track for logging in too much so that was what I assumed the case is here.

I had typed my pass wrong, but only once. Next day it returned to normal and I was able to log in. :smile:
Reply 183
Original post by Koshkaquoibonis
I had typed my pass wrong, but only once. Next day it returned to normal and I was able to log in. :smile:

Good to hear. :smile:
...I admit I did check my email (had notifications switch on) rather obsessively before I got my place. Plus a rather awkward phone call to admissions as I'd missed a call lol.
After contacting them, I was told that they would get back to me in few weeks because they still have applications from prior jan. I hope that doesn't imply a rejection, Durham is really where I want to go...:unsure:
Hi everyone - on the opening day; is there a part for the foundation students to look around the foundation centre (Durham City Campus)?
Reply 187
Original post by Himynameskiefer
Hi everyone - on the opening day; is there a part for the foundation students to look around the foundation centre (Durham City Campus)?

Not sure about visiting the foundation department, but there is a drop in session sept/oct where you can meet other students and tutors. Plus if I remember right there is a mature students open day. It is worth having a look at the department you plan to go on to after the foundation year.
Back from the rather brilliant post application open day (Tuesday, Queen's). Anyone else there? Or anyone who wasn't have questions about it?
Reply 189
Hi

I am currently a student at Durham university studying Theology with foundation. Any questions people may have about the university, the foundation centre and the new intake for the 2013/14 entry just let me know.

Good luck to new applicants.:biggrin:
Original post by ebowey
Hi

I am currently a student at Durham university studying Theology with foundation. Any questions people may have about the university, the foundation centre and the new intake for the 2013/14 entry just let me know.

Are you able to switch subject once you've accomplished your foundation year? Lets say one studies a foundation year in a certain subject and decides to move on to a similar but different subject.
Original post by ebowey
Hi

Sorry, but merged your post into the existing thread for 2013 Foundation intake people, so we don't divide discussion and get confused!
Reply 192
Original post by Koshkaquoibonis
Are you able to switch subject once you've accomplished your foundation year? Lets say one studies a foundation year in a certain subject and decides to move on to a similar but different subject.

I know that during the foundation year you can change subjects, as long as its not too different (English to Geology) due to modules the department want students to pass to access onto the degree programme. If you think that you want to change after the foundation course, then you will have to take it up with the department, who will decide.
Reply 193
Hi, just wondering if anyone can give me a general overview of what the average week is like for the foundation year. Like hours, morning, afternoon etc. thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my offer for Law with foundation!! Not yet been allocated a college but really excited to start in October!! Anyone else studying Law with foundation or Criminology with foundation??
Reply 195
Original post by add4
Hi, just wondering if anyone can give me a general overview of what the average week is like for the foundation year. Like hours, morning, afternoon etc. thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

All depends of whether you are studying humanities, Science etc.

For me (I took humanities modules) in the 1st semester

Monday 4-6
Tuesday 10-5
Wednesday 9-2
Thursday 12-2
Friday 10-5

2nd semester was more flexible.

Hope that helps:biggrin:
Reply 196
Original post by ebowey
All depends of whether you are studying humanities, Science etc.

For me (I took humanities modules) in the 1st semester

Monday 4-6
Tuesday 10-5
Wednesday 9-2
Thursday 12-2
Friday 10-5

2nd semester was more flexible.

Hope that helps:biggrin:

Thank you that is really helpful. I'm doing business :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 197
Original post by muslehkhan93
Got my offer for Law with foundation!! Not yet been allocated a college but really excited to start in October!! Anyone else studying Law with foundation or Criminology with foundation??

Im studying law with foundation mate!
Original post by ebowey
I know that during the foundation year you can change subjects, as long as its not too different (English to Geology) due to modules the department want students to pass to access onto the degree programme. If you think that you want to change after the foundation course, then you will have to take it up with the department, who will decide.

Original post by Hegelian
Im studying law with foundation mate!

Great!! Nice to know someones on the same boat!! I've been following the thread (stalking more like :colondollar:)!! I think we have a few more lawyers on here right? lol

Quick Reply

Latest