Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CiaranAndrew)
    Thank youu! Well, I applied on the 17th Nov and got the offer 5 weeks after they sent me the '8 week email'. I don't think I got a 4 week email?
    Oh wow, lucky! I've been waiting since forever (expecting an email today though, fingers crossed).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariamgy)
    Oh wow, lucky! I've been waiting since forever (expecting an email today though, fingers crossed).
    Yeah the wait is pretty horrible. I'm sure you will, I got mine at around 3:00pm yesterday, I don't know if thats the generic time they send them out but good luck for then anyway

ReputationRep:
    I would like to apply for Accounting and Finance at LSE in the future. I'm currently going to be doing my IGCSEs in 6 months. What subjects should i take at A-Levels to be offered a place? I was thinking of FM, Mathematics, Economics and Accounting. I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickirv)
    I would like to apply for Accounting and Finance at LSE in the future. I'm currently going to be doing my IGCSEs in 6 months. What subjects should i take at A-Levels to be offered a place? I was thinking of FM, Mathematics, Economics and Accounting. I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. Thanks!
    Swap Accounting for something like History or English Literature, and you are set.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the wait is pretty horrible. I'm sure you will, I got mine at around 3:00pm yesterday, I don't know if thats the generic time they send them out but good luck for then anyway
    3:00pm UK timing? And thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benq)
    Swap Accounting for something like History or English Literature, and you are set.
    But I'm taking Accounting as my major, I would probably need it more than History though.

ReputationRep:
    3:00pm UK timing?
    Oh yeah sorry, 3:00pm UK timing Are you an international student?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah sorry, 3:00pm UK timing Are you an international student?
    Well yes, I live in Dubai

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofiagiulia)
    Hey, has anyone heard back for Sociology yet?
    Heyy I applied in early October and still haven't heard anything regarding decisions 😭

ReputationRep:
    Another 4 week email

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Another 4 week email

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which course?

ReputationRep:
    I just want LSE to reply now, whether it's an offer or rejection, so that I can reply to my offers haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Another 4 week email

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please tell me you're joking

ReputationRep:
    4 week email for government and economics today. The day my 8+2 weeks expire. Lse really needs to get their act together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avar)
    4 week email for government and economics today. The day my 8+2 weeks expire. Lse really needs to get their act together.
    Absolutely unreal :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Absolutely unreal :mad:
    Seriously. Are they this lax about deadlines on when the roles are reversed? Is 'I had a lot of work' a suitable excuse for turning in a paper late?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avar)
    Seriously. Are they this lax about deadlines on when the roles are reversed? Is 'I had a lot of work' a suitable excuse for turning in a paper late?
    You probably passed a certain stage of their admission process, and so you're being qualified for further processing. It's not always a bad sign.

ReputationRep:
    You probably passed a certain stage of their admission process, and so you're being qualified for further processing. It's not always a bad sign.
    It's the fact that they're setting deadlines and then reneging on them. Don't tell us 8 weeks if you're going to take 14

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    It's the fact that they're setting deadlines and then reneging on them. Don't tell us 8 weeks if you're going to take 14
    The deadlines they set are ones that should inform you of an update to your application, not provide a final decision (unless they say otherwise).

ReputationRep:
    The deadlines they set are ones that should inform you of an update to your application, not provide a final decision (unless they say otherwise).
    Technically true, just misleading. I'd rather be told nothing and receive a decision when they're ready instead of the nerve-wracking, useless (in that they don't actually tell us anything) updates

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.