The Student Room Group

Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2015 Nominees

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Yes. You do stand a chance, else you would not be on reserve list. I know someone who gave up while on reserve list, only to recieve a mail in July that hes been offered the scholarship
Reply 201
Original post by snowball1130
there is no harm in being hopeful.
you be among the counted ones come September 2015.

Hey Snowball, Have u joined the facebook group? Whats ur name there?
Original post by kosb
Hey Snowball, Have u joined the facebook group? Whats ur name there?

it's "commonwealth shared scholars 2015/2016"
good morning.
Updated 30 June 2015 from ukcisa.org.ukFrom 5 July 2015, the Tier 4 application forms will automatically calculate how much of the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) applicants have to pay. This change will affect the Tier 4 application system on 4 July 2015.

If you are applying in the UK then you should complete your Tier 4 application and pay the IHS before 6:59 in the morning on Saturday 4 July, otherwise you should start a new application after this time. If you try to continue with an existing application after this time then your application might be rejected and/or you might have to pay the IHS twice.

If you are applying overseas then you should pay the IHS and submit your Tier 4 application before 5:59 in the evening (UK time). If you continue with an existing application after this time then it might be rejected and/or you might have to pay the IHS twice. Therefore if you are not able to complete an existing application before this time you should start a new application.

If you think you have paid the IHS twice you should check whether you have received two separate payment confirmations. if you are in the UK you can request a refund via the IHS payment website [^]; if you are overseas you should notify the visa application centre (VAC) when you attend your biometric appointment and ask them to process a refund.If you are starting a new application then we would recommend waiting until 5 July 2015 to do so in order to avoid any problems with the application forms (in a separate communication the Home Office has said that the application form in the UK will be operational again from 4:01 in the morning on Sunday 5 July 2015). However, if you are in the UK and your current leave expires on 4 July 2015 then you should complete your new application before 6:59am on Saturday 4 July.If you have concerns about how this will affect your application then you should speak to an adviser at your institution as soon as possible. If you are unable to speak to an adviser then you may wish to call our advice line.
Updated 30 June 2015 from ukcisa.org.uk
From 5 July 2015, the Tier 4 application forms will automatically calculate how much of the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) applicants have to pay. This change will affect the Tier 4 application system on 4 July 2015.

If you are applying in the UK then you should complete your Tier 4 application and pay the IHS before 6:59 in the morning on Saturday 4 July, otherwise you should start a new application after this time. If you try to continue with an existing application after this time then your application might be rejected and/or you might have to pay the IHS twice.

If you are applying overseas then you should pay the IHS and submit your Tier 4 application before 5:59 in the evening (UK time). If you continue with an existing application after this time then it might be rejected and/or you might have to pay the IHS twice. Therefore if you are not able to complete an existing application before this time you should start a new application.

If you think you have paid the IHS twice you should check whether you have received two separate payment confirmations. if you are in the UK you can request a refund via the IHS payment website [^]; if you are overseas you should notify the visa application centre (VAC) when you attend your biometric appointment and ask them to process a refund.If you are starting a new application then we would recommend waiting until 5 July 2015 to do so in order to avoid any problems with the application forms (in a separate communication the Home Office has said that the application form in the UK will be operational again from 4:01 in the morning on Sunday 5 July 2015). However, if you are in the UK and your current leave expires on 4 July 2015 then you should complete your new application before 6:59am on Saturday 4 July.If you have concerns about how this will affect your application then you should speak to an adviser at your institution as soon as possible. If you are unable to speak to an adviser then you may wish to call our advice line.

hi guys,
you ought to select "uk government scholarship" student when filling the required sections so that your application fee would be waived.
ANY UPDATES GUYS???????
TODAY IS FRIDAY AND STILL CSC IS SILENT.
ANY UPDATES FROM POs?
images.jpg
Reply 207
Commonwealth scholars are exempt from paying this fee.

hi guys,
you ought to select "uk government scholarship" student when filling the required sections so that your application fee would be waived.
Original post by rahimx5
commonwealth scholars are exempt from paying this fee.

yes but you have to select " uk gov. Scholarship" student in order tp proceed as the fee would b waived.
Remember, you have one chance so make sure your visa application is really really complete with all required documents. Triple check each section and answers before you hit "complete" application.
God luck to us all.
Read more at www.ukcisa.org.uk
Reply 210
Original post by BookDragon
By the way I'm curious to know where the names of the 2015 Cambridge scholars are written .

BookDragon...There is Facebook book page for "commonwealth shared scholars 2015/2016. kindly join.
ANY UPDATES GUYS???????
TODAY IS FRIDAY AND STILL CSC IS SILENT.
ANY UPDATES FROM POs?

Hey, I received a newsletter from the school about changes in the visa processing from July this year. Apparently when applying for the visa, we will be issued a sticker in our respective home countries which will be valid for 30 days, but during application we will have to choose where we will like to pick our full visa upon arrival in UK, that is whether we pick from our schools or nearest post office. this will be issued along with the biometric residence permit.
So i am sure because of all this and MORE!!, that they have not contacted us yet.
But don't worry, I'm sure it will be soon.
You can also check it form here:
www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/422731/2015-04-17_T4_Migrant_Guidance_April_15_f.pdf

under biometric residence permit section

Original post by Hunter14
Hey, I received a newsletter from the school about changes in the visa processing from July this year. Apparently when applying for the visa, we will be issued a sticker in our respective home countries which will be valid for 30 days, but during application we will have to choose where we will like to pick our full visa upon arrival in UK, that is whether we pick from our schools or nearest post office. this will be issued along with the biometric residence permit.
So i am sure because of all this and MORE!!, that they have not contacted us yet.
But don't worry, I'm sure it will be soon.
Reply 213

Thanks Hunter... You can join the Facebook page for "commonwealth shared scholars 2015/2016"
Original post by Kassi
Thanks Hunter... You can join the Facebook page for "commonwealth shared scholars 2015/2016"

I cant find it. Been searching for awhile now. Anyway, please send me an email @[email protected], then i send my details so you add me.
Many thanks
Reply 215
Original post by Hunter14
I cant find it. Been searching for awhile now. Anyway, please send me an email @[email protected], then i send my details so you add me.
Many thanks

Ok
Congs to u guyz who have received feedback. As for me, my application is still stating that it is with University of Warwick, I might be on reserve list. I have written to my Nominator and i have not yet received any response, this waiting is killing me. It's not nyc being a reserve
Original post by hunter14
i cant find it. Been searching for awhile now. Anyway, please send me an email @[email protected], then i send my details so you add me.
Many thanks

the name of the group is "commonwealth shared scholars 2015/2016".
We are waiting for you. You hv a lot to catch up.
Welcome already.
Hi, has anyone here made a visa application after 5th July when the surcharge was apparently consolidated with online visa applications for tier 4 applicants?
The IHS portal is not working for me and I started and completed my application on 6th, had my interview yesterday,13th.
the officer there asked me if I paid the health surcharge to which I said I was unable to because the system directed that the surcharge is paid in line with the online application and i received no indication to pay the surcharge online and there was no payment gateway for this.
Can anyone please help with this? Will this affect the decision?
Reply 219
Original post by confusee123
Hi, has anyone here made a visa application after 5th July when the surcharge was apparently consolidated with online visa applications for tier 4 applicants?........
Can anyone please help with this? Will this affect the decision?

Did you select "UK govt scholarship" when you were applying.

I have done mine, and when select UK govt scholarship sub group, the IHS surcharge is waived completely hence it shouldn't affect your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending