Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Stupid rules that are set by society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Ahhh, well that's rape. Most people frown upon rape...
    & rightly so. But I have no idea why the term killing is used more openly than raping, like someone suggested above.

Smh

ReputationRep:
    That be being alone means you're lonely. I love my own space, a lot of the time. Both an extrovert and introvert.

That every twenty something needs to be starting to settle down. I don't want marriage/ kids etc until the time is right and I've done everything I want to do for myself first.

That every young person is out getting drunk every weekend. While I used to love going out a lot, I now much prefer spending my money on other things like concerts, fun days out etc. I feel much healthier just to have a night out once every month maybe.

That women shouldn't lift weights and get stronger, they should stick to cardio; so they don't get bulky. I enjoy lifting weights as well as cardio at the gym, I love the feeling of getting fitter and stronger, not just losing weight.

That everybody should own their own car, and shouldn't waste money on renting property; they should get on the property ladder young. Each to their own, by why add extra stress of a mortgage so young? I also cannot afford a car due to going back into full time education. Rent bills etc are enough on their own. I also cannot afford to be on the roads, but I'm happy to walk and cycle as it's extra exercise.

That you should treat people mean to keep them keen. Just another game playing dating rule of society, that is just a waste of peoples time. If you like someone, let them know; if you don't; let them know so they can move on. There are no point scoring in life, you'll always lose out this way. Time waits for no-one.

That the man should be the main provider and the woman the homemaker. We should do whatever makes both parties happy, who cares what others think. The man does not have to be making the most money anymore, similarly; the woman doesn't have to be always cleaning/cooking.

That you should always have savings. Call me a bit reckless with money, but isn't life meant to be enjoyed. If you want to go out and do something you enjoy that costs money, then so be it. Don't stress about future money problems too much. Yes it's good to save, but not at the expense of your current happiness.

That men just want sex and women want to get serious. Again people should do whatever makes them happy, as long as they are honest and safe about it and are not hurting others intentionally.

Sorry about the essay guys! It's such a good topic to discuss haha

ReputationRep:
    That its seen as selfish by some to not want or have kids.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by SweatHeart)
    & rightly so. But I have no idea why the term killing is used more openly than raping, like someone suggested above.

Smh
    Hahaha yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Men that think that woman can't make a life for themselves.

The thought that if you don't drink you are odd.

ReputationRep:
    The idea that disagreeing with unsubstantiated feminist dogma somehow means you hate women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mequa)
    The idea that disagreeing with unsubstantiated feminist dogma somehow means you hate women.
    Absolutely.

& similarly, the idea that having feminist beliefs somehow means that you hate men.

It's all unrationally divided in to two extremities.

ReputationRep:
    I can't skip down the street without being judged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    That its seen as selfish by some to not want or have kids.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOL what? That doesn't even make sense.

Going through this thread has really made me realise that the society is actually really messed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heeee)
    LOL what? That doesn't even make sense.

Going through this thread has really made me realise that the society is actually really messed up.
    It makes perfect sense. To some, not wanting to have children seems selfish in other peoples eyes. Some people simply don't want to have children or they want to have children at a later age, not everyone wants to be a chav with 2 children at the age of 19.

It's not messed up at all not wanting to have children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krands)
    It makes perfect sense. To some, not wanting to have children seems selfish in other peoples eyes. Some people simply don't want to have children or they want to have children at a later age, not everyone wants to be a chav with 2 children at the age of 19.

It's not messed up at all.
    Course it is. Some of these unwritten rules are so obnoxious. Take a step back from this societal cloud and you'll see that some of these rules are pretty messed up.

ReputationRep:
    If you share house work with your wife, you're considered a beta male

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heeee)
    If you share house work with your wife, you're considered a beta male
    what do you mean? 50/50 Ownership?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    what do you mean? 50/50 Ownership?
    "House work", read my reply again.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.