Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have an LNAT of 23. Got 5A's at higher. Applied to Glasgow on 17th December and sat my lnat on the same day. Still not heard back :/ have i got a chance? Wny updates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfradkin)
    i got 23 and got an offer, no gcses listed either
    Presumably you are either an non-UK or mature applicant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    No word from LSE?
    A 4 weeks email last Monday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satoshii)
    but you said you went to Bristols opening day thing and they said they are giving out 800 offers this year?
    Sorry I was talking about LSE and the grades. Yes went to Bristol and they said about 900 offers would be given out. That would be correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitchriding)
    A 4 weeks email last Monday!
    Same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjmyatt11)
    Thank you! I got AAAB last year, retook my coursework so now AAAA, and I'm predicted A*A*A
    I got 30 on my LNAT but thought my essay was very poor
    Impressive! When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many offers Edinburgh and Nottingham give out for law LLB and how many actually firm them? Possibly last years statistics or where they could be found?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Presumably you are either an non-UK or mature applicant?
    I live abroad, went to an american school, then transferred to another one that does A Levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuipdoe)
    Does anyone know how many offers Edinburgh and Nottingham give out for law LLB and how many actually firm them? Possibly last years statistics or where they could be found?
    Edinburgh's latest figures are from 2014. There were 1492 applications and 320 offers, with 163 firming.

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you that really helps do you know what the figures are for Nottingham by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you that really helps do you know what the figures are for Nottingham by any chance?
    Nottingham had 1646 applications, with 967 offers, doesn't say how many firmed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NR_898)
    That's awesome! when did you apply??
    Around Mid October

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I got a similar LNAT score and the same grades and I got a conditional for Glasgow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flk10)
    Nottingham had 1646 applications, with 967 offers, doesn't say how many firmed.
    Wow that's a lot of offers! Would you mind providing the link to where this information is as i would like to see it for quite a few universities, if it's not too much trouble? Really appreciate your help

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's a lot of offers! Would you mind providing the link to where this information is as i would like to see it for quite a few universities, if it's not too much trouble? Really appreciate your help
    No problem haha
    The Edinburgh figures are from the Edinburgh website, which has figures from the last few years http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-recruitm...ons-statistics

The Nottingham figures are from whatuni, which has pretty much every uni http://www.whatuni.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flk10)
    No problem haha
    The Edinburgh figures are from the Edinburgh website, which has figures from the last few years http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-recruitm...ons-statistics

The Nottingham figures are from whatuni, which has pretty much every uni http://www.whatuni.com/
    Thank you so much I really appreciate it! I must say I am slightly alarmed as to how many offers unis give out for law. But I suppose the hard part is actually getting the grades rather than the offer

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much I really appreciate it! I must say I am slightly alarmed as to how many offers unis give out for law. But I suppose the hard part is actually getting the grades rather than the offer
    Yeah, I'd imagine they'd expect a lot of applicants to choose somewhere else or fail to meet the offer, but it slightly worrying for future employment prospects haha.

The variation in the number of offers each uni gives out is also interesting- Nottingham gives out a lot more offers than Edinburgh, despite having a similar number of applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flk10)

The variation in the number of offers each uni gives out is also interesting- Nottingham gives out a lot more offers than Edinburgh, despite having a similar number of applicants.
    Its probably because most Scottish applicants prefer to stay close to home and that is reflected in Edinburgh's higher 'offer to Firm' rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjmyatt11)
    Just got an offer from kings college!!!
    5/5 so I'm pretty chuffed
    Me too! They must have sent the offers at the same time. Probably will firm it unless I miraculously get LSE. Congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhishek Dhawan)
    Me too! They must have sent the offers at the same time. Probably will firm it unless I miraculously get LSE. Congrats
    Well done as you've waited for such a long time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.