The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Watching your game at the same time as the Arsenal one and I can't take Kozak seriously after @Wilfred Little kept calling him koalas :colondollar:

:biggrin: That started because of Neal. Typo on his phone, made me laugh so I stuck with it.

Koalas should have scored today.
I think the injuries have really taken their toll on Kozak. First half we look good but like against Huddersfield we dropped off in the second half.
Original post by Rock Fan
I think the injuries have really taken their toll on Kozak. First half we look good but like against Huddersfield we dropped off in the second half.

It's probably the opposition working us out as we are so predictable and play disjointed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
It's probably the opposition working us out as we are so predictable and play disjointed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully Jedinak will change that
Original post by Rock Fan
Hopefully Jedinak will change that

He will bring some more leadership and solidity to central midfield I doubt he will solve any of the other issues

Posted from TSR Mobile
I still have faith in kozak to do well, but yesterday he wasn't that good probably because he lacked game time etc and felt for him when he was subbed off. Our bench is terrible and we had no midfielders to bring on for either westy or Gardner. Good save by Carson to tip RMC shot on to the bar, probably could have won that on another day, at least we've got jedinak coming in
(edited 7 years ago)
Dr Tony hinting on twitter that they are talking to Ravel Morrison again.
Would really like Morrison. With the likes of Elphick, Jedinak and McCormack being brought in, I think we can afford a wildcard. We're building a solid squad, but we're still lacking a really exciting attacking player. It could have been Adama, but obviously he wants out. Ravel Morrison is a bloody good player on his day.*
I would really like to play Morrison where ayew is. Ayew isn't quite the technical playmaker we need and neither is he a 20 goal a season star striker. He's a good player but if he wants out and we get a suitable offer I would cash in because although he works hard he sometimes goes missing and I don't think that role is the right one for him.
Apparently we are in the market for a world class forward......

I doubt that lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Apparently we are in the market for a world class forward......

I doubt that lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

We are either taking a punt on someone like Falcao who is past it but could get goals at this level, or it's Hernandez and the justification will be that he's scored goals in the PL, is a regular international and played in the World Cup.
Various media sources are sayoing Hernandez is deeply unhappy at Hull.
Original post by Wilfred Little
We are either taking a punt on someone like Falcao who is past it but could get goals at this level, or it's Hernandez and the justification will be that he's scored goals in the PL, is a regular international and played in the World Cup.

The idea he would bother coming to us to me is laughable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well Drogba has been ruled out by Dr Tony on twitter. However we now have a new right back https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/08/23/de-laet-joins-villa
(edited 7 years ago)
That was a pleasant surprise! Wasn't much speculation regarding this one, apart from initial interest in yedlin and de laet. Does he know Chester from their Man U trainee days?
(edited 7 years ago)
Decent
The media haven't been able to keep up with our signings this window. They keep coming out of nowhere, aside from a few rumours here and there. It's great.

I guess with Tony actively calling out any media BS on Twitter, they have to watch what they're writing!
Original post by Cll_ws
The media haven't been able to keep up with our signings this window. They keep coming out of nowhere, aside from a few rumours here and there. It's great.

I guess with Tony actively calling out any media BS on Twitter, they have to watch what they're writing!

yeah its pretty refreshing to have the owner take such an interactive stance with the fans. apparently us and Newcastle have tabled bids of 5 mil after he signing of de laet. I would really welcome Yedlin here as no way is he getting in ahead of walker or trippier at spurs and he is pretty good aswell. if that happens then I think hutton will be off and bacuna will not be used as a right back but somewhere else on the pitch, unless there are injuries.
I don't think we will sign any more defenders now.

I predict a creative player and a striker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently Hernandez has been left out of the hull squad for their next game when they only have 13 for players.

Mail is hinting that it is because we are after him as our world class striker

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest