The Student Room Group

HR

If i wanted to go into HR, would it be better for me to do a human resources and business management BCs at Aston uni, or a business management BCs at University of Birmingham?
Original post by budddda
If i wanted to go into HR, would it be better for me to do a human resources and business management BCs at Aston uni, or a business management BCs at University of Birmingham?

I can't comment on the degrees, but I would recommend looking into CIPD (assuming you want to work in the UK) after your degree (should you want to do one still): https://www.cipd.org/en/learning/qualifications/find/
Do note, Aston's degree is CIPD accredited, whereas Birmingham only provides a CIPD accredited degree at master's level.
Reply 2
Depends a bit whether you are a mature applicant with some background in HR or a school-leaver.
Reply 3
Original post by ajj2000
Depends a bit whether you are a mature applicant with some background in HR or a school-leaver.

school leaver
Reply 4
Original post by budddda
school leaver

Ok - were it me I would err towards Birmingham. The course is broader which may be beneficial should you want to consider non HR jobs, and should still allow you to learn about HR related topics, develop skills in societies and enjoy campus life.
Reply 5
Original post by ajj2000
Ok - were it me I would err towards Birmingham. The course is broader which may be beneficial should you want to consider non HR jobs, and should still allow you to learn about HR related topics, develop skills in societies and enjoy campus life.

Yes thankyou :smile:, i'm also not 100% sure that i want to go into HR so that is the better option for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending