Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackclarke1995)
    Surprise, surprise. Stan's just caused an absolutely massive upset, and all anyone is talking about on here is ****ing Nadal
    Riiiiight, despite the discussion being pretty much 50/50 about them both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Stan also World No.3 and the third Swiss GS champion! And he's the first man to beat Djokovic and Nadal in the same Grand Slam en route to winning the title

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Phenomenal feat - with his versatility on all surfaces you've got to think he's a challenger at all four slams now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Stan also World No.3 and the third Swiss GS champion! And he's the first man to beat Djokovic and Nadal in the same Grand Slam en route to winning the title

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nadal lost I feel so depressed now life feels like crap!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1000)
    Stan got lucky - especially with the number of unforced errors he sustained. Rafa will always be the champion!!
    Yeah, let's just forget the fact he hit more winners than unforced errors.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to Stan the man! To think I was going to put a bet on him taking it in 4 sets as well! :mad:

(Original post by Pistol 33)
    Rafa is still better than Stan. 13>1 Grandslam and only 1 win against nadal ever.
    (Original post by L1000)
    Stan got lucky - especially with the number of unforced errors he sustained. Rafa will always be the champion!!
    Who are you arguing with? I don't see anyone debating with you.

ReputationRep:
    I've always thought stan has the ability to be a match-up nightmare for nadal, he was just so mentally fragile before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyJ)
    Congrats to Stan the man! To think I was going to put a bet on him taking it in 4 sets as well! :mad:

Who are you arguing with? I don't see anyone debating with you.
    Those couple of comments make me laugh. Haters gotta hate :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Nadal lost I feel so depressed now life feels like crap!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No one can win them all, even Nadal

ReputationRep:
    And that Ladies and Gentlemen is why the draw doesn't matter - the best player will win!

Huge props to Wawrinka, he's come along way mentally and him winning really opens everything up for the season. I just wish that every headline about this wasn't accompanied by "Wawrinka beats injured nadal"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    And that Ladies and Gentlemen is why the draw doesn't matter - the best player will win!

Huge props to Wawrinka, he's come along way mentally and him winning really opens everything up for the season. I just wish that every headline about this wasn't accompanied by "Wawrinka beats injured nadal"
    Wawrinka beat injured nadal.😈

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Wawrinka beat injured nadal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe he did. But why focus on the negatives of the injury. Why not just focus on the achievements of a man who not long ago was getting knocked out of Grand Slams by the Andreevs of this world?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wawrinka was demolishing Nadal then he got injured. Sorry but that's the facts for you right there. I hope Nadal gets better soon so this season can continue to be interesting but the best man won today and over the whole tournament it's clear Stan was the man!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't be bitter. He was up a set and a break to your man BEFORE the injury. Please do not forget this fact. A worthy winner indeed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Wawrinka was demolishing Nadal then he got injured. Sorry but that's the facts for you right there. I hope Nadal gets better soon so this season can continue to be interesting but the best man won today and over the whole tournament it's clear Stan was the man!
    Aye, am over it now . Am worried that it may take Nadal time to recover. Also he may drop out of Next month! He may not be able to defend his points

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Aye, am over it now . Am worried that it may take Nadal time to recover. Also he may drop out of Next month! He may not be able to defend his points

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which part of Nadal has the injury?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Which part of Nadal has the injury?
    Back however am waiting to hear his interview even stan acknowledged that Rafa was injured his back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Back however am waiting to hear his interview even stan acknowledged that Rafa was injured his back

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He'll be fine, i've not heard of anything worse than Murray for the back and most players like Fed just play through these.

I'd be very worried if it were his knee though, he only lasted 2 and bit years between 2010 and his 2012 break.

ReputationRep:
    He'll be fine, i've not heard of anything worse than Murray for the back and most players like Fed just play through these.

I'd be very worried if it were his knee though, he only lasted 2 and bit years between 2010 and his 2012 break.
    Na this was worser than murray or federer it was even worser then his match with del potro in 09 us open when he broke his abdomen also his second serve was at 39 miles stan was like wtf

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Na this was worser than murray or federer it was even worser then his match with del potro in 09 us open when he broke his abdomen also his second serve was at 39 miles stan was like wtf

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bear in mind though that he's a very physical man and the coming clay court season should put less strain on him (though he may seek to reduce his schedule a bit - perhaps try defend Indian Wells but not bother with Miami).

ReputationRep:
    Bear in mind though that he's a very physical man and the coming clay court season should put less strain on him (though he may seek to reduce his schedule a bit - perhaps try defend Indian Wells but not bother with Miami).
    I dont about schedule but today was horrible on par with 2013 monte carlo defeat i get the same feeling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.