Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

Jakejoyce97 kyo88 Satoshii qwertyuipdoe Cholesta

The world is really small, can we all get along?

(Original post by *Stefan*)
    What's your problem exactly? I don't get this immaturity on here. The forum isn't just for students, there are many parents who lurk around.

If she wants to participate here, she will. End of. It's non of your business what she does and whom she talks to.

It all started because someone felt entitled to the thread. Well, no.
    hi Stefan. Aren't you the guy from Greece who came over to UK to study for a law degree and will be returning to Greece upon your graduation, to try to repair the mess that your country is in? Is that plan still on or will you be staying put permanently in the UK?

how's things at uni? are you coping well? which subjects did you find difficult? nice to see you still active on here. I miss seeings your chubby cheeks. I wish I could pinch them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    Jakejoyce97 kyo88 Satoshii qwertyuipdoe Cholesta

The world is really small, can we all get along?

hi Stefan. Aren't you the guy from Greece who came over to UK to study for a law degree and will be returning to Greece upon your graduation, to try to repair the mess that your country is in? Is that plan still on or will you be staying put permanently in the UK?

how's things at uni? are you coping well? which subjects did you find difficult? nice to see you still active on here. I miss seeings your chubby cheeks. I wish I could pinch them.
    :laugh:

How many accounts do you have?

This is really weird considering i've been asked the same question at least 10 times now.
    And my cheeks are not chubby, it was just that photo... :P

ReputationRep:

This is really weird considering i've been asked the same question at least 10 times now.
    Lol I've definitely seen this question more than once in different threads.

Can everyone just quit beefing holy **** just ignore each other. (Hats off to cholesta for doing so for the most part)

To satoshii and others on her side: the mom may sound patronizing bc she repeats the same story but she repeats it to give background, so chill, no harm intended. I admit i also find it annoying but it's proper in that there are multiple conversations going in this thread and at some point in each of them ppl are going to give background info as they should.

General comment/to cholesta: how the hell did we move to anti-semitism so quickly, that's a big accusation to throw around, so please, if you do make it, give proof.

All of that bs aside, can we try and stay on topic? Mods?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SebastianCanuck)

Can everyone just quit beefing holy **** just ignore each other. (Hats off to cholesta for doing so for the most part)

To satoshii and others on her side: the mom may sound patronizing bc she repeats the same story but she repeats it to give background, so chill, no harm intended. I admit i also find it annoying but it's proper in that there are multiple conversations going in this thread and at some point in each of them ppl are going to give background info as they should.

General comment/to cholesta: how the hell did we move to anti-semitism so quickly, that's a big accusation to throw around, so please, if you do make it, give proof.

I was able to go back and track his posts. Israel v Gaza etc. I work in education and apart from getting info for my son, I do enjoy seeing people get the results and universities that they clearly deserve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beewilde)
    Got an unconditional from Sussex for Law with a Language today but they're my last choice so I don't think I'll even make them my insurance, have an offer from Bristol and still waiting on Birmingham and Southampton.
    I'm an international student applying from the US.
    When did you apply, and what was your LNAT score?
    I am also an international student, but applying from Romania. I have no answer from Bristol, yet I do have offers from Birmingham and Southampton, which is why I asked.

i've only ever had one account so I have no clue what you're on about. Why did you take down that pic of your chubby cheeks? You had such a wide grin that made your cheeks puff up. Is that what they call a 'greek cheek'? I did save your picture onto my computer. Let me go have a look and I'll get back to you on that.

(Original post by SebastianCanuck)

I've only ever had one account. no idea what you're on about.

(Original post by Cholesta)
    I was able to go back and track his posts. Israel v Gaza etc. I work in education and apart from getting info for my son, I do enjoy seeing people get the results and universities that they clearly deserve.
    i've only ever had one account and i definitely have never posted about israel v gaza cos i don't care about those countries one single bit. btw, im female.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    i've only ever had one account so I have no clue what you're on about. Why did you take down that pic of your chubby cheeks? You had such a wide grin that made your cheeks puff up. Is that what they call a 'greek cheek'? I did save your picture onto my computer. Let me go have a look and I'll get back to you on that.

I've only ever had one account. no idea what you're on about.

i've only ever had one account and i definitely have never posted about israel v gaza cos i don't care about those countries one single bit. btw, im female.
    Meant Satoshii, not you.

ReputationRep:
    "The reference provided at the time of application was from a non-academic email account, which we cannot verify. All references must come from academic email accounts, or where an academic email account is not available, must be provided on school headed paper, and signed by your referee."- This was sent to me by kcl, what do they mean it's from a non-academic email account??

ReputationRep:
    What's your problem exactly? I don't get this immaturity on here. The forum isn't just for students, there are many parents who lurk around.

If she wants to participate here, she will. End of. It's non of your business what she does and whom she talks to.

It all started because someone felt entitled to the thread. Well, no.
    I couldn't agree more.
    There are so many parents out there, including my own who don't have the slightest clue about the university process.
    I think it's nice to see parents getting involved, especially when they're encouraging other students too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabruttledge)
    I couldn't agree more.
    There are so many parents out there, including my own who don't have the slightest clue about the university process.
    I think it's nice to see parents getting involved, especially when they're encouraging other students too!!
    Thank you, both😀

ReputationRep:
    Have people started to get offers or rejections from Edinburgh? I do know of two offers from this forum but not in the numbers to be expected this stage so close to the beginning of March. Sway between relaxed indifference and wanting to bawl in rage at my screen when there is no UCAS update - what a roller coaster 😡😎🤓😳😡 wouldn't want to be doing this too often 🙈😏😂

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. I think it's quite sweet that Cholesta is sufficiently interested in her kid & his future that she even bothers with TSR & in doing so passes on the benefit of her experience to others.

Given that this is the second time she has been through the application process in as many years, albeit vicariously, she is almost twice as experienced as the majority of posters on this thread & appears to have a pretty sound knowledge of the ins & outs of the whole procedure. If her tone sometimes comes across as a little lofty to some, then so what? She's a mum who writes like a mum. Fire is hot. Big deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DougallnDougall)
    Have people started to get offers or rejections from Edinburgh? I do know of two offers from this forum but not in the numbers to be expected this stage so close to the beginning of March. Sway between relaxed indifference and wanting to bawl in rage at my screen when there is no UCAS update - what a roller coaster 😡😎🤓😳😡 wouldn't want to be doing this too often 🙈😏😂
    I know!

Twitter shows 2 new offers this week too. I reckon that the majority of international & contextual factor offers have gone out now & they are starting to work their way through the "regular" applicants.

ReputationRep:
    I'm EU, and although I've had offers from both Durham and KCL, I haven't heard anything yet from Edinburgh or Glasgow... glad to know I'm not the only one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GigiRaffaeli)
    I'm EU, and although I've had offers from both Durham and KCL, I haven't heard anything yet from Edinburgh or Glasgow... glad to know I'm not the only one...
    I can't say for certain but I think we are in the majority. A wild guess - are you Italian?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsTabitha)
    Indeed. I think it's quite sweet that Cholesta is sufficiently interested in her kid & his future that she even bothers with TSR & in doing so passes on the benefit of her experience to others.

Given that this is the second time she has been through the application process in as many years, albeit vicariously, she is almost twice as experienced as the majority of posters on this thread & appears to have a pretty sound knowledge of the ins & outs of the whole procedure. If her tone sometimes comes across as a little lofty to some, then so what? She's a mum who writes like a mum. Fire is hot. Big deal.
    Thank you Ms Tabitha. I do like to help some of the students on this forum. Most are very self assured and know what they want. There are others who seem a little lost and not too sure about universities they applied to. Maybe they feel they can't talk to their parents. I do like to offer advice and try to help.

ReputationRep:
    Someone please help me choose between bristol and notts? not sure which to firm
    btw my lnat score was 23, was i lucky to get offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattlally)
    Anyone still waiting on Bristol, Nottingham or Warwick? I applied on the 28th November - predicted A*AA with a disappointing score of 22 on the LNAT.
    Yes!! Exactly the same lnat score and predictions too

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional offer from Edinburgh two weeks ago.

I'm sure you'll hear back soon

ReputationRep:
    Forget about ranking, job prospect etc for a while. Bristol and Nott are equally prestigious. Any difference in terms of reputation will be marginal. I guess the ultimate question is with which uni/city you are more comfortable. You only live some 30,000 day. Why shouldn't you spend a significant part of which at a place you love most?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.