Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What do you need to get in both papers to get an A overall in psychology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kacheek)
    She had low control because the task she had to do relied on her colleagues, so she has less control over the situation. Then relate this to Marmot's findings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could you also write about Johanson et al here with the 24 Swedish saw mill workers. I think the exam went well but this just worries me.

ReputationRep:
    For the 12 marker, I spoke about drugs( anti-depressants, anti-anxiety), ECT and Psychosurgery. Then I gave 2 evaluation points for each, so 6 in total.

I don't understand why people are talking about BZ's. That's for stress management not abnormalities

Overall the exam went well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iodo345)
    Could you also write about Johanson et al here with the 24 Swedish saw mill workers. I think the exam went well but this just worries me.
    I did this too, compared to the other 10 workers, took samples and found more of the hormone in the saw mill workers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy112233)
    That's right, BZs are related to stress not abnormality
    According to loopa they are for both stress and abnormality :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mogwai98)
    On the difference between conformity and obedience, would saying something like 'being influenced by group/taking direct order from authority figure' be okay?

For some reason, that question threw me a bit.
    I put that in obedience the authority figure has the most power whereas in conformity the all have equal power

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamix)
    I'm hoping my evaluation was good enough, comepletely ran out of time 😓 what did you put for the second to last question about social influence? Have a feeling I got that completely wrong aha
    Yeah, I found this hard... Social influence confused me, I talked about the Suffragettes and then I talked about the snow ball effect? What did you put?

WHAT DID EVERYONE ELSE PUT FOR "SOCIAL INFLUENCE AFFECT ON SOCIAL CHANGE?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iodo345)
    I put that in obedience the authority figure has the most power whereas in conformity the all have equal power
    Ahh... that sounds good tbh. I was trying to say something like that but couldn't word it right. Might've just got one mark on that question then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoria1998)
    Yeah, I found this hard... Social influence confused me, I talked about the Suffragettes and then I talked about the snow ball effect? What did you put?

I wrote about Moscovici and the slides and how the two confederates were consistent etc so eventually the snowball effect leads to participants internalising the information and therefore minority view becomes majority view, hopefully that's worth a few marks haha

ReputationRep:

I wrote the suffragettes too, and about Moscovici and minority influence, hope I get at least some marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleanor303)
    Why did Janet have low control?
    Because the success of her project was dependent on other people's work so she had no control over it.

ReputationRep:
    According to my teacher and text book BBs and BZs are part of both stress and abnormality, however it would have been better to use anti-psychotic and anti-depression drugs as well as ECT for the 12 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattSJTS)
    did it not say Janet was managing the new project? So, she has both responsibility over it and high control over the project?
    It said she was managing the project but it also said about her not having control of how fast her colleagues worked I related this to Frankenhaeusers study on sawmill workers, anyone else??

ReputationRep:

I talked about minority's influencing majority so consistent, non-dogmatic, flexible and then wrote about snowball effect and how high internal locus of control can help. Then wrote about how cause for change should not be for personal benefit, also showing self sacrifice (also augmentation principle) Then put suffragettes as a example

ReputationRep:
    After reading what everyone else answered I don't stand a chance of passing:ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    After reading what everyone else answered I don't stand a chance of passing:ashamed2:
    I know right!!

ReputationRep:
    I got confused on the last question when it said biological therapy, as I didnt think drugs was a therapy, and starting writing about bio feedback, I then realized that was for stress. Crossed it out, and ended up writing about Bzs and ECT, but only had 6 minutes Hope I get some marks..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marli-Ruth)
    I talked about minority's influencing majority so consistent, non-dogmatic, flexible and then wrote about snowball effect and how high internal locus of control can help. Then wrote about how cause for change should not be for personal benefit, also showing self sacrifice (also augmentation principle) Then put suffragettes as a example
    I said that minority influence are usually best at creating social change...

1) Create cause
    2) Majority examine cause and may internalise
    3) If internalised, majority is said to be converted
    4) Once internalisation occurs, snowball effect happens as more of majority convert
    5) Eventually becomes a social norm and social cryptoamnesia occurs because it is as though it was never a minority in the first place, then talked about Suffragettes...

Think this is right?

ReputationRep:

The same question was asked in 2012. Here's what the mark scheme said:

There are various ways in which social influence research can help explain social changeand examiners must be aware of the wide range of possible answers here. However, socialchange refers to the change that occurs in a society and not at the individual level. Minorities bring about social change by being consistent, flexible and non-dogmatic.Through social crypto-amnesia and the snowball effect gradually the minority turnsinto the majority. Dictators can bring about social change through their power and through the processof obedience.Detailed descriptions of studies (eg Moscovici) are only relevant if they are used effectively toshow how they have helped our understanding.Research can refer to either theory or study.

ReputationRep:
    I said that minority influence are usually best at creating social change...

1) Create cause
    2) Majority examine cause and may internalise
    3) If internalised, majority is said to be converted
    4) Once internalisation occurs, snowball effect happens as more of majority convert
    5) Eventually becomes a social norm and social cryptoamnesia occurs because it is as though it was never a minority in the first place, then talked about Suffragettes...

Think this is right?
    Yeah! That's better than mine!! I put social crypto amnesia as well but didn't explain it well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.