Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have 3 half brothers :curious:

ReputationRep:
    I like trains.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Good. I'm not trying to put her down or anything but most people with dyspraxia just wouldn't cope otherwise - me included
    I know what you mean, she has to have coloured papers as well for the exams.
    She's extremely clever, just her work never got marked because the teachers couldn't read her writing, but it's improved but with the laptop she should be able to really show her abilities
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esjae)
    I know what you mean, she has to have coloured papers as well for the exams.
    She's extremely clever, just her work never got marked because the teachers couldn't read her writing, but it's improved but with the laptop she should be able to really show her abilities
    Yeah - I managed to get diagnosed young so I got all the perks at primary, but I was reading Harry Potter while everyone in my class was reading Roald Dahl type stuff
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - I managed to get diagnosed young so I got all the perks at primary, but I was reading Harry Potter while everyone in my class was reading Roald Dahl type stuff
    I'm glad she got diagnosed when she did, because everything would be so hard for her without her diagnoses, even though my mam doesn't want to give her a label, but it's better to have an explanation than for her to be put down so much for it.
    She had one of the only A*s in her class science project and I swear I've never been so proud of her than I was in that moment

ReputationRep:
    Good. I'm not trying to put her down or anything but most people with dyspraxia just wouldn't cope otherwise - me included
    Did you just say its ok to put down someone with dyspraxia? That's horrible!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    Oh my god yes I'm exactly the same! I can only ignore it if it's a stranger too. That's crazy hahaha.

And yes, I agree. I don't understand why people don't hear themselves when the rest of the table is completely silent.
    Yeah. My theory is that the primitive side of our brain doesn't realise the noise is simply the outcome of eating with your mouth open instead it assumes the other person is doing it on purpose to distract you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esjae)
    I'm glad she got diagnosed when she did, because everything would be so hard for her without her diagnoses, even though my mam doesn't want to give her a label, but it's better to have an explanation than for her to be put down so much for it.
    She had one of the only A*s in her class science project and I swear I've never been so proud of her than I was in that moment
    A*? In primary?:eek::adore:

But yeah - it is better to have the label - I think if you look at the legalities and stuff she should be entitled to a Disability Living Allowance (or something like that). Plus it helps prevent the bullying and stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99DeadBaboons)
    As it says in the title, just post a random (true) piece of information about yourself.

I am allergic to onions.
    I can clap with one hand
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    A*? In primary?:eek::adore:

But yeah - it is better to have the label - I think if you look at the legalities and stuff she should be entitled to a Disability Living Allowance (or something like that). Plus it helps prevent the bullying and stuff
    I think she's going to be a mini me, god help us if she is!
    Yeah, we've applied for her blue badge and are in the process of looking at what other help we can get for her.
    We did have a slight issue with her new school about footwear, but once we explained exactly why she needed her boots due to her pigeon toedness, weak ankles etc we were able to allow her to wear them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hitashami)
    Yeah. My theory is that the primitive side of our brain doesn't realise the noise is simply the outcome of eating with your mouth open instead it assumes the other person is doing it on purpose to distract you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's actually a very interesting way to think about it.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esjae)
    I think she's going to be a mini me, god help us if she is!
    Yeah, we've applied for her blue badge and are in the process of looking at what other help we can get for her.
    We did have a slight issue with her new school about footwear, but once we explained exactly why she needed her boots due to her pigeon toedness, weak ankles etc we were able to allow her to wear them
    I think you may be able to use motability as well (I am). What's so bad about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I think you may be able to use motability as well (I am). What's so bad about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothings bad about me, I'm just deemed as intelligent, I was getting the same sort of grades as her, I was one of the best in my class for a lot of things
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esjae)
    Nothings bad about me, I'm just deemed as intelligent, I was getting the same sort of grades as her, I was one of the best in my class for a lot of things
    Ahh - the way you worded it made it sound like a bad thing. But yeah I've always been like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Ahh - the way you worded it made it sound like a bad thing. But yeah I've always been like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It does come with it's downfalls, but hey ho, you win some you lose some

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisychain_)
    I'm 17 and i have travelled to two countries by myself
    If you live on the mainland Europe this isn't the most difficult thing to do. Maybe miss a stop on the train in France and oopsie Belgium
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esjae)
    It does come with it's downfalls, but hey ho, you win some you lose some
    Yeah - that's my attitude for everything. Alongside "expect the worst, anything else is a pleasant surprise - that way you're never disappointed"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like to swat big spiders with my chem textbook
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - that's my attitude for everything. Alongside "expect the worst, anything else is a pleasant surprise - that way you're never disappointed"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly!

ReputationRep:
    I am left-handed but I play guitar right-handed.

I also have a massive scar down my chest
    [[I was attacked by rabid surgeons who tore my chest open and filled my heart with polyfilla. I was 5]]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.