The Student Room Group

GCSE

I work and study so hard for GCSE , but i only got a 1 grade 8 on my whole report and the rest were 6s , i study for hours but still cant do anything about it also i spend to much time planning but i never get it done , what can i do???
Original post by SS212314Z
I work and study so hard for GCSE , but i only got a 1 grade 8 on my whole report and the rest were 6s , i study for hours but still cant do anything about it also i spend to much time planning but i never get it done , what can i do???

What year are you in right now? Presumably you're not taking your GCSEs this year, so you've got time to improve some of those grades.

Does the report contain any commentary? For example, "John would benefit from..." or "To improve these grades, Mary might like to..."?

The fact that you say you "spend to much time planning but i never get it done" suggests that you might have identified an issue yourself. Studying / revising will take a little planning, but not to the extent that you don't actually get any studying done!
Reply 2
Hi , thank you for the reply , I am curretly in year 10 going into year 11 , and yes the reports mostly say "John would benefit from..." or "To improve these grades, Mary might like to..."? etc.
Original post by SS212314Z
Hi , thank you for the reply , I am curretly in year 10 going into year 11 , and yes the reports mostly say "John would benefit from..." or "To improve these grades, Mary might like to..."? etc.

Perfect. So in answer to your "what can i do???" question, you follow the suggestions in your report.

People on TSR are complete strangers. They don't know you. They don't know your strengths and weaknesses. They don't know how you learn best. They don't know how much effort you put in. Your teachers do. And they've provided you with their guidance in this report. That's going to much more useful than whatever advice random folk on TSR can provide.

Also, just to re-iterate this point...
Original post by DataVenia
The fact that you say you "spend to much time planning but i never get it done" suggests that you might have identified an issue yourself. Studying / revising will take a little planning, but not to the extent that you don't actually get any studying done!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending