The Student Room Group

Bournemouth Adult Nursing Hons/diploma 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Coco189
I have to pass my current course, crb, occ health, nhs bursary! What about you! Are you currently doing a course! X

What course are you doing? You shall be fine then!! :smile:

Yeah I've got the same really, just gotta get a C in my Biology exams in the next few months and pass my CRB (already know im clear), occy health and nhs bursary :smile:

No I'm not studying at degree level yet, I'm starting at UCY campus through Bournemouth in September :smile:
Reply 21
Hello everyone :smile:

Ahh I've also got a conditional for Bournemouth in sept, has anyone managed to get their hep b injections? Or know how i can get them done, my work place is being so slow about organising getting them done! Anyone looking at living in bournemouth too :smile:?

Natalie :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Bray12
Hello everyone :smile:

Ahh I've also got a conditional for Bournemouth in sept, has anyone managed to get their hep b injections? Or know how i can get them done, my work place is being so slow about organising getting them done! Anyone looking at living in bournemouth too :smile:?

Natalie :smile:

Hey Natalie,

When I asked for a jab history from my doctor I asked if any that were missing could be requested as I was hoping to study Nursing at University and would require the jabs. My reply (either from a very grumpy, rude woman or a genuinely truthful woman) was that Occupational health should supply the jabs and that my doctor wasn't able to supply jabs on demand.

Basically we have an occy health and medical form to fill out somewhere in the application process and I'm pretty sure it will all be explained then :smile: One of my friends who is a Nursing student had their jabs at university a couple of weeks into the course but again, I'm not certain this would be the same.

Also, congrats!! I've got a conditional to study at the UCY campus in Yeovil but we come over to Bournemouth campus alot though-out the course so I shall probably see you one day :smile:

Have you applied to student finance yet?
Reply 23
Original post by xcoral23
What course are you doing? You shall be fine then!! :smile:

Yeah I've got the same really, just gotta get a C in my Biology exams in the next few months and pass my CRB (already know im clear), occy health and nhs bursary :smile:

No I'm not studying at degree level yet, I'm starting at UCY campus through Bournemouth in September :smile:

I'm doing a foundation degree in healtcare practice which allows me to be an assistant practitioner at the end of the course but i want to further my education and experiences by doing my nursing. I've sent of for my student finance but apart from this have you heard anything else! Im so impatient! :smile: x
Reply 24
Original post by Coco189
I'm doing a foundation degree in healtcare practice which allows me to be an assistant practitioner at the end of the course but i want to further my education and experiences by doing my nursing. I've sent of for my student finance but apart from this have you heard anything else! Im so impatient! :smile: x

Yeah, you might aswell go for Nursing :smile:

Student finance is sent for me, now just waiting to hear from the university.

I agree, I'm getting impatient but good things come to those that wait :smile:
Reply 25
Heyy I need some advice pls! I have a conditional offer at Bournemouth Uni for a placement in and around Bournemouth. Im so excited! I have sent my references but when and how do i apply for finance. Im going to be doing the Advanced Diploma in Adult Nursing starting Sept 2012 and living in. Is anyone else doing this course and living in? :colondollar: Cheers Guys x
Reply 26
Congrats! What have you got to do to meet your offer?

Again, I might see you at times during the course :smile:

Interview was tough but informal. 1) Watch presentation 2) learn abit more about the course 3) group discussions 4) individual interview

Make sure you watch the video closely because the group discussion will be about the video and your opinions (seeing if you know what being a nurse involves ect). Let others talk but make sure that you contribute enough to be noticed.

Relax in the individual interview, they will ask you standard questions - why nursing, why Bournemouth, experience, some scenario questions (common sense), more about yourself really, just describe what has brought you there today and what you want to get out of the university, what you can contribute. Try and mention the NMC code of conduct and things like that.

You will be fine! Good luck! When is your interview?

It's this Wednesday!!! Eeeek
Reply 27
Original post by hannaaaahh
It's this Wednesday!!! Eeeek

You'll be fineeeeee! Good luck let us know how it goes :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Kt30123012
Heyy I need some advice pls! I have a conditional offer at Bournemouth Uni for a placement in and around Bournemouth. Im so excited! I have sent my references but when and how do i apply for finance. Im going to be doing the Advanced Diploma in Adult Nursing starting Sept 2012 and living in. Is anyone else doing this course and living in? :colondollar: Cheers Guys x

Hiya, Congratulations on your offer:smile: Ive also got a conditional offer at Bournemouth with Bournemouth placements and looking to live there too, where aboutS are you thinking of staying? I'm trying to figure out the same thing with all the finance, have you applied for the tuition fees through student finance?
Natalie :smile: x
Reply 29
I got my place :smile: so excited eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Reply 30
I got my place :smile: so excited eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Well Done!

Is it a conditional or unconditional?

I'm guessing the interview went well then :smile:
Reply 31
I have a place at bmouth to do midwifery :smile: can't wait :smile:
Reply 32
Well Done!

Is it a conditional or unconditional?

I'm guessing the interview went well then :smile:

Just conditional for my CRB and occupational health :smile:
Reply 33
Just conditional for my CRB and occupational health :smile:

Well done :smile:
Hi everyone. I applieds for deferred entry in 2010 to advanced diploma in adult nursing so feels like i've been waiting forever! As everyone said the interview was a group discussion a presentation and a one to one interview which involved a few questions! though the interview stage is no doubt over! I am now living in Bournemouth with my boyfriend but when I first applied I was expecting to be in student halls with everyone else! My placement and studying is all done in Bournemouth.

I sent back my OH form recently (empty lol as have yet to give evidence of vaccinations). I got my history of vaccinations from my doctor and had to have a blood test to see if i'm immune from chicken pox which I am so just need that printed off! Had my first hep B jab last week, it'll run over til november now so I guess I can't do placements until then now....when did or is everyone having theirs done? I got my hep b jab done at the doctors by the way, and it costs 20 quid per injection. The doctors don't do TB jabs though (missed out on BCG at school) so I guess I'll have to ring the hospital for that! I've applied for the nhs bursary now just need to gather ID/proof if income etc and send that off to them and the wait! The only thing i've not heard about is doing a CRB...is that gonna be later on? As they do sometimes take a while to come back.
Reply 35
Original post by BUnursetobe
Hi everyone. I applieds for deferred entry in 2010 to advanced diploma in adult nursing so feels like i've been waiting forever! As everyone said the interview was a group discussion a presentation and a one to one interview which involved a few questions! though the interview stage is no doubt over! I am now living in Bournemouth with my boyfriend but when I first applied I was expecting to be in student halls with everyone else! My placement and studying is all done in Bournemouth.

I sent back my OH form recently (empty lol as have yet to give evidence of vaccinations). I got my history of vaccinations from my doctor and had to have a blood test to see if i'm immune from chicken pox which I am so just need that printed off! Had my first hep B jab last week, it'll run over til november now so I guess I can't do placements until then now....when did or is everyone having theirs done? I got my hep b jab done at the doctors by the way, and it costs 20 quid per injection. The doctors don't do TB jabs though (missed out on BCG at school) so I guess I'll have to ring the hospital for that! I've applied for the nhs bursary now just need to gather ID/proof if income etc and send that off to them and the wait! The only thing i've not heard about is doing a CRB...is that gonna be later on? As they do sometimes take a while to come back.

Heya!

First off, your CRB form should have come with the Medical Questionnaire forms in the same letter so you may want to ring the University about that one.

Also, I believe Occy Health provide the Hep B injection (my doctors said they prefer to do it themselves and you don't have to pay for it!)

I also don't have the TB one as I missed my BCG but not sure what to do about that might speak to admissions.

Hope this helps a little :smile:
hey thanks for the reply,

yeah after I posted I realised I had actually got the crb form with my OH form lol, woops.

Got the first hep b injection done already and when I spoke to admissions they said if I don't get it done OH can do all the injections but they may charge, and when I got my acceptance letter through last year they had guide prices for it which is more expensive than the docs!

I emailed admissions asking where to go about the BCG, will let you know what reply i get!

Just filled out form for my nhs bursary online, got to collect some documents and send that to them....

coral are you doing the degree or diploma?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by BUnursetobe
hey thanks for the reply,

yeah after I posted I realised I had actually got the crb form with my OH form lol, woops.

Got the first hep b injection done already and when I spoke to admissions they said if I don't get it done OH can do all the injections but they may charge, and when I got my acceptance letter through last year they had guide prices for it which is more expensive than the docs!

I emailed admissions asking where to go about the BCG, will let you know what reply i get!

Just filled out form for my nhs bursary online, got to collect some documents and send that to them....

coral are you doing the degree or diploma?

Lol, bless you! Atleast you have it now.

Really? My doctors are insisting that they won't give it to me. I shall have to wait and get it done through Occy health even if it will be a little more expensive. Thanks for the info there.

That would be helpful, thank you!

I'm part way through my NHS bursary, waiting on P60 forms to fill out the rest of the information. Everything seems to be coming together nicely at the moment, just can't wait to start now.

I will be doing the Degree. You? I'm also studying at the UCY Campus but we come over to Bournemouth quite often so no doubt we will meet at some point lol
That's a shame your docs can't do it, do you live in Bournemouth now or moving here?

all the nhs bursary want from me is a divorce letter from my parents and my brothers birth certificate, and my tenant agreement! Random eh! There's probably loads more stuff to come though.

I'm doing the diploma, wanted to do degree tho, not sure if they mix degree/diplomas together?
I got an email back from admissions, they said to get in touch with Occy Health about BCG jab! so shall do that this week and see how I go!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending