The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You're going to Amsterdam to get laid aren't you? :cool:
why dont you tell then you are going away with a friend to visit wherever you are going?? otherwise i dont see any way out...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't you say you're staying with a friend?

Or say a friend is going with you?

I'd just tell them the truth and refuse to let them stop you tbh, because there's nothing they can actually do to prevent you going.
My parents are the same, did you get to go away then or did you not? And what did you do if you did manage to go abroad?
Original post by Anonymous
I want to go abrod for a few days but i don't want my parents to know because they will be asking questions (I want to go for a personal thing), and will not like the place I am going to. They are the only thing in my way and I don't know what to do. Even if I go out the house to the shops they ask me where I am going.

My question is, how can I do it? Like, I don't want them to call the police and ring the airport and find out where I flew to....and I don't want to have my face on all the newspapers. I don't want to worry them, but I am 21 years old and wish I could just have the freedom to not answer where I go all the time.....maybe I am selfish but I am sacrficing doing things because of it. Is it possible to go abroad and not have them find out?

When I was 16 one of my friends was feeling really depressed about being a virgin (he was 16 too) and went to Amsterdam for a week without telling anyone so he could visit the red light district. He said he was going camping with friends.

No idea why he didn't just go somewhere in London... but anyway he spent all of his money the first night, slept on a park bench and then rang me panicking because I was his alibi and he didn't have the money to get home. I was just as broke as him so he then had to call his parents and explain being stuck in Amsterdam with no money.

They paid for a return flight home and he was grounded for a long time.

The moral of the story is that if your personal reason is the same as his TAKE ENOUGH SPENDING MONEY.

You are 21, nobody will care if you are missing. If you were 15 maybe you would appear in every national newspaper, but once you get a bit older nobody cares. If you leave a note saying you have gone away with friends for a few days and not to worry then they will probably be really angry, but there is nothing they can do. Specify in the note when you are leaving, when you will be back and don't say anything about going abroad. Have a good story ready for when you return about where you went (I would suggest camping with a friend who was going through a personal crisis and you were really worried about them so had to leave at short notice to be there for your friend).
Original post by veritas_lex
When I was 16 one of my friends was feeling really depressed about being a virgin (he was 16 too) and went to Amsterdam for a week without telling anyone so he could visit the red light district. He said he was going camping with friends.

No idea why he didn't just go somewhere in London... but anyway he spent all of his money the first night, slept on a park bench and then rang me panicking because I was his alibi and he didn't have the money to get home. I was just as broke as him so he then had to call his parents and explain being stuck in Amsterdam with no money.

They paid for a return flight home and he was grounded for a long time.

The moral of the story is that if your personal reason is the same as his TAKE ENOUGH SPENDING MONEY.

You are 21, nobody will care if you are missing. If you were 15 maybe you would appear in every national newspaper, but once you get a bit older nobody cares. If you leave a note saying you have gone away with friends for a few days and not to worry then they will probably be really angry, but there is nothing they can do. Specify in the note when you are leaving, when you will be back and don't say anything about going abroad. Have a good story ready for when you return about where you went (I would suggest camping with a friend who was going through a personal crisis and you were really worried about them so had to leave at short notice to be there for your friend).

Did he lose his virginity that night then? That's kinda sad
Original post by mulberry1
Did he lose his virginity that night then? That's kinda sad

yes, but it is a pretty epic story of teenage rebellion.

I never quite managed to top it.
I'm 23 and live with my parents, I still tell them where I'm going and they often ask questions about what I've been up to and who with if I've been out. I'd never go travelling anywhere without telling them, especially not abroad, but I don't consider that an obstacle to my independence and I don't mind them questioning things, it just tells me they're interested in my life and want to look out for me. Do you think they would actually try and stop you? I think it's just common courtesy not to just walk out and go travelling without telling people where you're going.
I went to Spain for two weeks with my best friends and I told my parents that it was a volunteering trip organised by my uni haha. And they don't know till this day.
Reply 29
I am literally in your shoes right nowDid you go in the end?

Latest

Trending

Trending