The Student Room Group

Parents

My parents work and live abroad in portugal and they do not have every single payslip needed for 21/22, they have some gaps due to them being unemployed over certain points of the year, I am living in the UK by myself and have been for nearly 3 years, this is unfair that I cannot get max student finance as my parents get 700€ a month and I can’t afford to live without the maximum student finance just because they cannot find all their payslips (paper) from 2 years ago
Original post by kaihendd
My parents work and live abroad in portugal and they do not have every single payslip needed for 21/22, they have some gaps due to them being unemployed over certain points of the year, I am living in the UK by myself and have been for nearly 3 years, this is unfair that I cannot get max student finance as my parents get 700€ a month and I can’t afford to live without the maximum student finance just because they cannot find all their payslips (paper) from 2 years ago

Do your parents have to submit an annual tax return in Portugal? If so, that could be used as evidence.
Most employers also issue an end of financial year summary (P60 in UK) or an end of employment summary(P45 in UK). I think EU countries have a similar process
Reply 3
Original post by normaw
Do your parents have to submit an annual tax return in Portugal? If so, that could be used as evidence.

Yes I have uploaded this however the tax return document is all in Portuguese and also has gaps in the year due to unemployment even though the payslips I have provided are literally 700€ per month income

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending