Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arjun24)
    Hey there

The answer is C. At original rent (P), the quantity is at Q. You can then see that when the rent is lowered, the supply curve is contracted. This is a fairly simple concept if you remove the fact that rent and accommodation are involved.

At higher prices, supply will be high (because of profit motive)
    At lower prices, supply will be low (since firms will not be willing to produce and sell when they are not receiving what they think is worthwhile in return.
    Thanks! This was really helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amelia_21)
    One tip I would say is time yourself really well, last year in unit 1, I ran out of time on the long answer q's, that affected my grade. I knew the stuff, just didn't have time to put it on paper.
    Yes, this comes with keeping your answers succinct. You should be whizzing through multiple choice and questions 1-3, leaving as much time as possible for the 25 mark evaluation question. Brief structure for questions 1-3:
    1) Definitions (5 marks)
    -Written definition
    -Examples
    -Diagram

2) Data (8 marks)
    -2 different points of comparison in 2 separate paragraphs
    -For every figure you refer to in the answer, you need to include a supporting date i.e 75% in 2011, £65 in 2009 etc.
    -Remember your units of measurement

3) Diagram (12 marks)
    -2x written definitions with examples
    -Diagram
    -2 paragraphs of explanation for unit 2, 1 paragraph for unit 1.

ReputationRep:

Help?
    Attached Images

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.