The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Social sciences

Does anyone here study social sciences at UCL? I know the course has an emphasis on sociology and psychology but does it have components linked to economics international development. If so does it cover those topics in significant detail?
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone here study social sciences at UCL? I know the course has an emphasis on sociology and psychology but does it have components linked to economics international development. If so does it cover those topics in significant detail?

You can clearly see from the course outline on the course webpage that there are some economics modules. However, of note - these are not delivered by the economics department and are taught by the social research institute it looks like, and doesn't have any mathematical prerequisites so I imagine is a) somewhat basic and b) focuses much more on descriptive accounts of economic phenomena rather than actual economic theory (which is necessarily mathematical). There is a single module on international development on the course as well.

You'd probably find a course in e.g. economics and politics more suitable if those are your primary interests.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending