The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

5ft 6 isn't that short :s: I'm 5ft 3 or 5ft 4 I seem to be getting taller though evnen if I am 18:s: can't remember :p: but it doesn't bother me to be honest, you just have to live with it.
loopymeg
What's wrong with being short!? :hmmm:

I know both men and women who are shorter than you, and there's nothing wrong with it. At least we don't bang our heads on low beams and things :p:

How tall are you?
Reply 22
I'm 5ft3 - why'd you ask?
Reply 23
Get some of dat dere Tall Juice from Asda.
Reply 24
Nope - I'm also 5'5, short of some very dangerous surgery for a minor increase in height, there is very little you can do.
loopymeg
I'm 5ft3 - why'd you ask?

Just cus you're hot.
Reply 26
Hahahahahaha lol ^^^^

she is fit though :P

Dude, seriously, don't worry, I'm 5ft 8 maybe 9, my mate are all 5ft 11 or taller.. dont bother me
Reply 27
Oi! Do you mind? I'm right here! :p:
I like shorter men. I'm 5'2" myself and look rather silly next to a person over 6'.
Reply 29
Not being funny, but isn't it a bit silly to choose men according to how you look when stood next to them? :s-smilie:
Reply 30
daggy
Hahahahahaha lol ^^^^

she is fit though :P

Dude, seriously, don't worry, I'm 5ft 8 maybe 9, my mate are all 5ft 11 or taller.. dont bother me

Mate 5'9 is average height- it's perfectly respectable- it's a bit different to being 5'5 or 5'6 which is genuinely short!

I myself was worried at the age of 18 about my height- I was about 5'6 and a half, but believe me you keep growing until you are around 21 (at least that's what I'm finding). I've just turned twenty and I'm now 5'9 and a half, and I reckon I might actually finish around 5'10 which I believe in many way is an ideal height. So don't despair; one can certainly keep growing at this stage.
Reply 31
It really doesn't matter as much for girls - in fact I think if you did a survey you'd find that pretty much all blokes find small women very attractive.
Incubus
I'm an 18 yo male and short compared 2 most of the other ppl i know. I think i have reached the end of my growing days:frown: . Is there any thing that i can do to help me grow taller such as supplements etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

Yeah you can get surgery where they stretch your bones by putting pins in your lesgs then the pins are turned and tightend which makes the bones stretch, however it will only make you an extra 2-3inches taller max. I saw a programme about it once and it does not look like its worth the pain just for a few inches i was thinking of having it done im 24 and only 4ft 9 but after seen that programme id rather be sweet and petite. Anyway its not too late for you to grow men dont stop growing till the age of 21 its females that stop growing at the age of 18.x
Incubus
I'm an 18 yo male and short compared 2 most of the other ppl i know. I think i have reached the end of my growing days:frown: . Is there any thing that i can do to help me grow taller such as supplements etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

Don't worry they come in all shapes and sizes and if the girl doesn't appreciate it shes not worth it.
Reply 34
Little Dawn
Yeah you can get surgery where they stretch your bones by putting pins in your lesgs then the pins are turned and tightend which makes the bones stretch, however it will only make you an extra 2-3inches taller max. I saw a programme about it once and it does not look like its worth the pain just for a few inches i was thinking of having it done im 24 and only 4ft 9 but after seen that programme id rather be sweet and petite. Anyway its not too late for you to grow men dont stop growing till the age of 21 its females that stop growing at the age of 18.x

Yes, but it's not quite that simple. The pins don't just "stretch" your bones, they break them, and then the bones heal by growing new bone. The process is then repeated, as the pins are set to be further apart. It's supposed to be a bloody painful procedure, and like you, I'd much rather be short than go through that just for an extra inch or two!
Incubus

no...are you crazy?

if there was dont you think everyone would know about it?
Reply 36
Gars de baccalaureats
no...are you crazy?

if there was dont you think everyone would know about it?

I think the reason he suggested it is because there are countless supplements that claim to increase your height, but none of them are medically approved.
loopymeg
Yes, but it's not quite that simple. The pins don't just "stretch" your bones, they break them, and then the bones heal by growing new bone. The process is then repeated, as the pins are set to be further apart. It's supposed to be a bloody painful procedure, and like you, I'd much rather be short than go through that just for an extra inch or two!

yeah it does look painful, and your bones become really brittle as well so you are more prone to braking them. its just not worth it if you ask me.
loopymeg
Not being funny, but isn't it a bit silly to choose men according to how you look when stood next to them? :s-smilie:
That's a huge assumption there. I didn't say I chose my partners purely for their height, did I??

It's about what I find attractive. I personally don't find uber tall men attractive... surely that's subjective.
Reply 39
You dont stop growing till you're 21? I thought it was 18.

Anyway, currently 5"9 but ideally would like ot hit 5"11, however according to that average height measurement concerning (fathers height + 13cm + mothers height /2) I'm already over the height that would predict.

I assume its a load of *******s then, esp as I didnt develop until very late on.. I was 129cm tall in year 7/8 for example.

Latest

Trending

Trending