The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Stanmer court accommodation

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="daniwalbrook;67109460"]yes I'm in the exact same situation!! i only visited swanborough and east slope on the offer holders day as i was in a rush and my dad convinced me that i would get my first choice because it was so expensive (thanks dad hahaha). I'm the same and only applied for en-suite with swanboro as my first, then northfields, stanmer, then lewes phase 2. i just don't wanna be far away from everything or in an anti-social building as thats what other reviews and stuff have said online.[/QUOTE

The only benefit really is that it is so close to the train station really. I should have done more research before, I didn't even go to any open day phahaha.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
What flat is everyone in? You can message me if you don't want to say here haha
Original post by Kat,
hey, i haven't read the reviews but fingers crossed it won't be too bad as we can always make friends with a bunch of people in the our building and then meet others in freshers/ classes etc or just around. i think it'll be fine the only way to be anti social is just to stay in the allotted area, going to visit other people and being friendly to everyone will make sure that you make a whole of friends all over the campus. well thats the plan I'm going for anyways. :banana::bhangra::banana2:

that sounds like a good plan..ill join you on that one!!
dont suppose any of you are in the 60's are ya? (obviously won't post my actual number since anyone can see this) only found 2 flatmates so far - drop me a message if you are X
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by daniwalbrook
dont suppose any of you are in the 60's are ya? (obviously won't post my actual number since anyone can see this) only found 2 flatmates so far - drop me a message if you are X

I'm mid 50s and still haven't found a single person ://
Reply 25
[QUOTE="Ella.ferriter;67109802"]
Original post by daniwalbrook
yes I'm in the exact same situation!! i only visited swanborough and east slope on the offer holders day as i was in a rush and my dad convinced me that i would get my first choice because it was so expensive (thanks dad hahaha). I'm the same and only applied for en-suite with swanboro as my first, then northfields, stanmer, then lewes phase 2. i just don't wanna be far away from everything or in an anti-social building as thats what other reviews and stuff have said online.[/QUOTE

The only benefit really is that it is so close to the train station really. I should have done more research before, I didn't even go to any open day phahaha.

yeah that is useful especially going into brighton or for traveling home, won't have to lug bags as far.
Reply 26
Original post by Ella.ferriter
I'm mid 50s and still haven't found a single person ://

I'm low 80's and i haven't found anyone at all
Original post by Kat,
I'm low 80's and i haven't found anyone at all

Ahh it's so annoying, I just want to know who my flat mates are
Reply 28
Ahh it's so annoying, I just want to know who my flat mates are

isn't it, i just want to get them know them a little or atleast know their names ahaha
anyone in the 30's? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in Stanmer Court too and have been having some of the same worries as some of you guys about the social stuff, bit worried if it's anti social with no parties and stuff but it seems like there are a few of us worrying about it so hopefully quite a few who want to make the most of it in the social sense!
[QUOTE="MissEllieL;67280884"]I'm in Stanmer Court too and have been having some of the same worries as some of you guys about the social stuff, bit worried if it's anti social with no parties and stuff but it seems like there are a few of us worrying about it so hopefully quite a few who want to make the most of it in the social sense![/QUOTE

Hey, yeah that's true! Have you found any flat mates yet?
[QUOTE="Ella.ferriter;67285896"]
Original post by MissEllieL
I'm in Stanmer Court too and have been having some of the same worries as some of you guys about the social stuff, bit worried if it's anti social with no parties and stuff but it seems like there are a few of us worrying about it so hopefully quite a few who want to make the most of it in the social sense![/QUOTE

Hey, yeah that's true! Have you found any flat mates yet?

Hey Ella! Not yet, have you? I don't know the practicalities of getting a few together from different flats and hoping to get things social that way! Also it's not too far to the bars on campus and easy into Brighton so if a few got together it'd be easy to plan nights out too..
[QUOTE="MissEllieL;67287716"]

Hey Ella! Not yet, have you? I don't know the practicalities of getting a few together from different flats and hoping to get things social that way! Also it's not too far to the bars on campus and easy into Brighton so if a few got together it'd be easy to plan nights out too..

Yeah I've found a few in the group on Facebook and they seem up for being social so I'm not too worried about that, and yeah I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult
I'm searching a place in STANMER Court (or Northfield). Please let me know! (Currently I'm staying in LEWES Court phase 1 shared bathroom).
My facebook:https://www.facebook.com/evia.vilcinskaite

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending