The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I hate exams, although Ill admit to have been one of those people who done nothing for my standard grades and came out with seven 1's and a 2, although that all changed when i got to highers haha.

I think its a lot down to luck, especially in certain exams, such as History, if an essay comes up you happen to have understood from the beginning, you're generally okay, whereas if you have revised something in less detail and end up having to do any essay on it, you're not going to do as well, even though you have revised.

For example, in my higher history for one of the essays i had revised practically nothing, perhaps one out of 4 or 5 topics, and luckily the one small thing i revised came up.
Depends what subjects you do. In something logical like Maths then yes, the clever people always do best, but in a subject like Psychology, the people who work hardest do best.
i know what you mean, one of my best friends spends ages working, and realy stresses out., trying to get C or above, whereas another good friend of mine gets 100% with very little work and spends most of his time playing computer games.. i am midway i guess, i do a fair load of work and tend to get Bs

Latest

Trending

Trending