The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sebastien
hi i need to choose between d1 and s2 as my option module.So thereofre i wanted to know which option you think is easier d1 or s2.

i have talked to other people and they have mixed feelings

hey sebastian i did d1 last year and i am doing s1 this year, d1 is pretty easy, and the most difficult parts of the syllabus from d1 have been moved to d2 which was great for my d1 re-take, i would recommend, d1 if you are logical type thinker, and many of my friends feel s2 is easier than s1, if you have done well in s1 i would recommend going on to s2 it would be easier and perhaps intersting but if stats bores you, then do d1 it is ok, can be exciting depending on your teacher and especially if you get the answers right. overall d1 is much easier at the moment the most difficult parts are taken out and thus this should be easier for you.
Reply 21
All the 18 Units can be self taught...If you have patience that is...lol!!
but go for S2....Tht would be better for u...
Reply 22
S2 for fun if you have done S1, half of it based on S1, exactly stuffs like poisson distributions, hypothesis, Integration to find E(x) etc, not super hard module but enjoyable.
D1 is easy but boring, it has too much 'remember this and do that' sort of thing.. the only thing which you might able to get some fun is Chinese Postman algorithm.. as least some 'puzzles' to play with lol (AQA spec).
D1 is very easy, so do that!
Reply 24
but my d1 teacher doesnt understand it u think it can be self taught
Reply 25
S2
Sebastien
but my d1 teacher doesnt understand it u think it can be self taught

Yeah, it's just a load of algorithms really.
Reply 27
is s2 content very short as only 4 chapters or do u have to learn **** loadz within the 4 chapters/
D1 is much MUCH easier. Having done a bit of S2 and most of D1, D1 is literally learning how to do stuff then there we go

Edit: And that's D1 self-teaching Vs S2 with brill teacher....
Reply 29
GunmanZ02
you might able to get some fun is Chinese Postman algorithm.. as least some 'puzzles' to play with lol (AQA spec).

LMAO!!!!
Reply 30
Sebastien
fuk off be4 i bang yr mum bitch shes gt sum fit ass and a sweatt pussy u paki

Haha you tell that **** son
Reply 31
I'm doing both D1 and S2 (and S3) as I do further maths - I would choose S2 any day as D1 is completely boring.

If you just want something easy D1 is the better option but purely in terms of being interesting, S2 is better!

Hope this helps!
D1 is boring as hell
Reply 33
is s2 easy to get an A
Reply 34
By D1 do you mean Decision 1? That's quite easy tbh, although I didn't do stats so can't really compare. I wouldn't say its boring either.
Reply 35
D1 = boring
S2 = less boring therefore better motivation and therefore more likely to get higher than D1!!!

well thats my case anywayz.
Reply 36
I would say D1 because it is easier leaving you more time to concentrate on your English.
Reply 37
If you want to join up dots, go with D1 :smile:
Don.k
hey sebastian i did d1 last year and i am doing s1 this year, d1 is pretty easy, and the most difficult parts of the syllabus from d1 have been moved to d2 which was great for my d1 re-take,

Isn't that only for the current AS specification though? Has the content definitely changed for current A2 students too? If so I am definitely resitting D1 this summer. :biggrin:

Latest