The Student Room Group

Grade requirements and results day

This may be a stupid question but I was accepted to take a course that’s normally got a grade requirement of BBB as long as I get my predicted grades of BBC, yesterday for results day I was too sick to go and collect them in person and when I got onto ucas, I was told I got accepted into my university so I didn’t stress about the fact I’d get my results in the mail today, however when I’ve now got my grades, I’ve realised that I didn’t get the grades I needed, I got an email from ucas and my uni telling me I’ve got a place so I definitely think I got one, but I’m slightly confused on how I got into a course normally BBB with a B in art, C in photography and D1 in maths (also not sure what D1 means tbh) I would assume that maybe they just decided they were ok with the grades but when I look online I can’t find anything similar to this happening and only see that you if you didn’t get the grades you needed you can maybe contact the school and be accepted, does anyone know if this may be a mistake or something?
Reply 1
Ok update: I called the school and they said that the D1 is a mistake and that it is a D grade and now I’m stressed out that there’s been a mistake with accepting me and that I actually may not have a place after telling everyone I do
Original post by Priyajoyy
This may be a stupid question but I was accepted to take a course that’s normally got a grade requirement of BBB as long as I get my predicted grades of BBC, yesterday for results day I was too sick to go and collect them in person and when I got onto ucas, I was told I got accepted into my university so I didn’t stress about the fact I’d get my results in the mail today, however when I’ve now got my grades, I’ve realised that I didn’t get the grades I needed, I got an email from ucas and my uni telling me I’ve got a place so I definitely think I got one, but I’m slightly confused on how I got into a course normally BBB with a B in art, C in photography and D1 in maths (also not sure what D1 means tbh) I would assume that maybe they just decided they were ok with the grades but when I look online I can’t find anything similar to this happening and only see that you if you didn’t get the grades you needed you can maybe contact the school and be accepted, does anyone know if this may be a mistake or something?

Hey @Priyajoyy :smile: Yes you're right, universities can re-consider candidates who don't quite meet their conditions, and if they can still make you an offer then they will. It sounds like that's what's happened in your case - they've looked at your application and been able to make you an offer.

If in doubt or if you're worried about it call the university. They'll be able to reassure you and hopefully take away any anxiety so you can start celebrating and prepping for starting the course.

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Hi @Priyajoyy

Sometimes Universities reconsider applications even if you do not receive the grades needed. I believe they have reconsidered yours and offered you a space on the course.

Though I think it is best if you phone the University to confirm this, as they will be able to give you information on your specific application and what to do next.

All the best. :smile:
Chloe
- University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending