The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iamthetruth
I come here to talk football you come here to talk about other men that's the difference

Such as. The only football related topic i've seen you add to any conversation is the acronym of the Premier League.
Reply 381
Nope because Wenger hates the Jan window. Plus we will have too Many players returning by then for him to make a move

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iamthetruth
I come here to talk football you come here to talk about other men that's the difference

hahahaha
Original post by dairychocolate

A side like 14/15 Chelsea wins the league because 1 goal is enough to win them a game. We, on the other hand, despite having a decent defensive record overall, have been leaking goals in games where we can't afford to.

Chelsea's game is much less expansive and we work in bursts. Our wingers and AM are generally playing in a deeper position than yours too. It's a tactical thing.
Original post by sr90
I think it sums up what Wenger thinks of him that he'd rather play Keiran Gibbs as a winger

He'll be loaned out in Jan I reckon

I want a British League. Won't ever happen though.

To be fair, Gibbs is actually decent on the wing.

Original post by e aí rapaz
Do you think Wenger is gonna be in for a right winger in Jan? If Walcott really is our striker now then we could do with one.

Possibly another ST/Winger.
When I saw Arsenal lost

Original post by Arkasia
Possibly another ST/Winger.

No strikers available in January and Chelsea, United, City all need one too.

I can easily see City bidding £20m for Vardy.
Original post by Dirtybit
When I saw Arsenal lost

and they missed a penalty :biggrin:
Original post by difeo
EAWPL looks silly

:lol:

Original post by e aí rapaz
Do you think Wenger is gonna be in for a right winger in Jan?

Its like you don't even know him smh.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
:lol:

Its like you don't even know him smh.

Haha, I almost put a caveat about if he wasn't Wenger.

I should have said "do you think the press will link us with right wingers?" It could be a nice change.
The crumble begins..
Original post by sr90
No strikers available in January and Chelsea, United, City all need one too.

I can easily see City bidding £20m for Vardy.

Chelsea don't, neither do City. No-one would bid £20m for Vardy, he's a bang-average striker who's in the form of his career, and is gonna be 29 next season.
Chelsea need a striker simply to replace Falcao. Was up for buying Austin for that role as he'd be cheap as he's in the championship. Vardy will be too costly.
Original post by jam277
Chelsea need a striker simply to replace Falcao. Was up for buying Austin for that role as he'd be cheap as he's in the championship. Vardy will be too costly.

Falcao is one of a kind, no one can replicate his level of banter.
Original post by Arkasia
Chelsea don't, neither do City. No-one would bid £20m for Vardy, he's a bang-average striker who's in the form of his career, and is gonna be 29 next season.

Aguero is permanently injured and Bony is useless (and usually injured as well). They've had to play that Nigerian kid with the unpronounceable name a lot this season because there's nobody else.
Original post by sr90
Aguero is permanently injured and Bony is useless (and usually injured as well). They've had to play that Nigerian kid with the unpronounceable name a lot this season because there's nobody else.

Aguero basically guarantees 15 league goals minimum a season, even when perma-crocked. Bony just has no confidence but he is a decent striker, and Iheanacho looks very, very good from what little we've seen of him, just as much as someone like Wilson from United. Not to mention City have Silva, De Bruyne, and Sterling all scoring.
People saying injuries will cost Arsenal the league. No, no.

Wenger's lack of activity in the transfer market will cost you the league. Injuries were inevitable, and not expanding your squad was foolish.
Original post by Mackay
People saying injuries will cost Arsenal the league. No, no.

Anyone who says that is an idiot. Go look at the injuries City, United and Liverpool have had.

Arsenal fans are very self absorbed and think only their team gets injuries.
Original post by sr90
Anyone who says that is an idiot. Go look at the injuries City, United and Liverpool have had.

Arsenal fans are very self absorbed and think only their team gets injuries.

Arsenal fans on Twitter. All-time worst.
What if we do expand the squad, there are not as many injuries as expected, some players then complain about lack of games and bring down the entire dressing room?

Latest