The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Just to make sure is it Q50 A100 on the ucas form?
Reply 401
Original post by sleep_deprived
Hey guys.

My ucas tarrif points are 530, but my EPQ is currently 'pending' on UCAS, restricting me from getting a potential 590/600. What's QM's attitude to a pending EPQ? Would it be counted? :frown:

Surely it will get added to your predicted grades along with everything else?
Reply 402
Anyone on here know past interview questions used or anywhere I can find some? :smile:
Reply 403
Hi guys,
I have a tarrif of 620 and a ukcat score of 675. Do you think its worth applying to barts? Thanks
Officially applying to Barts!

Still feeling a bit doubtful cause I've got a UCAS tariff of 734 (Piano qualifications + IB) but UKCAT of 2480 :dontknow:

According to their stats then I should be okay. But of course, the average will probably go up this year, seeing that everyone's done so well on their UKCAT!
Reply 405
I am an international student. Does Barts take in account all the UCAS predicted tariffs from Cambridge Proficiency/Advanced Examinations ( English as second language )? Although it is listed in UCAS tariff, it's a bit uncommon thing among UCAS tariff list So, I am still worried that they would miss out my predicted grade which is worth 140 points :frown: Could anyone shed light on this for me please ? :smile:
Reply 406
Really anxious about getting into Barts as it's my first choice. I'm predicted A*A*AAb which is 570 UCAS and have a UKCAT of 667.5. I don't know if this is entirely right but for others like me in the mid-range I sort of worked something out that may help. So I worked out that for every 10 ucas points the overall UKCAT (the big number) decreases by 34. So according to last year someone with a ucas tariff of 570 say would need a UKCAT of 647.5 (620-50=570. 5x34=170. 2420+170=2590 2590/4=647.5) this looks really complicated but I worked out the 34 by doing this: between 620 and 520 there is 100 ucas points the ukcats are 2420 and 2760. 2760-2420=340. Divide 340 by 100 gives you the amount of UKCAT per tariff point (3.4) so for every 10 tariff points it must be 34 non-averaged UKCAT points.

If you have a ucas tariff below 570 then you work out how far you are away from 520 (perhaps 10?) this would mean you take 34 from the bigger UKCAT= 2760-34=2726/4=681.5. However if you're above 570 then you calculate how far you are from 620 (perhaps 10?) then you would ADD 34 to 2420 to make 2454 (613.5) I really hope I've worked this out right or I'll feel like such an idiot! It's really confusing, I know but it seems to make sense to me? If anyone wants me to explain further, just ask! Bearing in mind this was last years so even if your UKCAT is higher than what is needed for your ucas points you may still not get an interview. If you need me to explain further, just ask ������ feel free to tell me I'm wrong or whatever (if you can let me know where I went wrong)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 407
Anyone received a confirmation email yet? I've heard back from all my other choices, but not from Barts...
Reply 408
Original post by skotch
Anyone received a confirmation email yet? I've heard back from all my other choices, but not from Barts...

Same here! I haven't received any confirmation email from Barts. But UCAS sent me a letter this morning saying my application has been sent.
Reply 409
Original post by minhle20
Same here! I haven't received any confirmation email from Barts. But UCAS sent me a letter this morning saying my application has been sent.

Same! Did you send your application off on Sunday like me?
Reply 410
International Barts applicant here :smile:
O Levels : 9A* A Level: A*A*A*AB UKCAT:680 UCAS Tariff: 640 I am taking a gap year.Anybody think I stand a chance? :smile:
Reply 411
Original post by skotch
Same! Did you send your application off on Sunday like me?

No I sent my application off on Friday
What was everyones UKCAT score?
Reply 413
Original post by games211
What was everyones UKCAT score?

3080, Band 2

What's your score?
(edited 10 years ago)
3190..Where you applying?
Reply 415
10,000 UCAS points but only 3600 on UKCAT :frown:. Anybody think I stand a chance?

Get a grip of yourselves those who do **** like this, ofc you do.
Reply 416
Original post by games211
3190..Where you applying?

Cardiff, Leicester and Manchester. Plus Biomed at QMUL

And yourself?
^ Why are you being rude..This is the student room..allow people to ask as many questions even if they are tedious they are!
Manchester, Birmingham , Southampton
Reply 419
hoping the UKCAT cut-off will be friendly this year :smile:

any other grads applied here for the 5 year program?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending