Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I achieved 460 points for my A levels. I am on my gap year and taking CPE ( grade A : 140 points ) My tutor has predicted me for getting an A in CPE.
    Would Barts admission take in account my predicted A in CPE? Would my tariff points be 460 or 600? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, has anyone received any configuration email from Barts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcapsoccer)
    Nope I haven't, and I don't think anyone from my school has either... Do they even send one or are they just taking their time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

My ucas tarrif points are 530, but my EPQ is currently 'pending' on UCAS, restricting me from getting a potential 590/600. What's QM's attitude to a pending EPQ? Would it be counted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcapsoccer)
    i haven't. i don't think anyone i know who applied there has got anything back either

ReputationRep:
    How do you work out tariff points?
    These are my stats:
    GCSE's: 3.5 A*'s, 6A's, 1B
    AS: AAAa in chem, maths, biology, and physics
    Predictions A*A*A

I have no other things which I can gain tariff points from.

(Original post by HayyanN)
      How do you work out tariff points?
      These are my stats:
      GCSE's: 3.5 A*'s, 6A's, 1B
      AS: AAAa in chem, maths, biology, and physics
      Predictions A*A*A

I have no other things which I can gain tariff points from.
      The others can correct me if I'm wrong but based on those predictions and your AS, your tariff points overall would be 460: 140 for each A* prediction, 120 for the A prediction and 60 for the a at AS level.

ReputationRep:
      Officialy a Barts applicant Exciting times

ReputationRep:
      Same! (Again applying aha )

ReputationRep:
      Just to make sure is it Q50 A100 on the ucas form?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sleep_deprived)
      Hey guys.

My ucas tarrif points are 530, but my EPQ is currently 'pending' on UCAS, restricting me from getting a potential 590/600. What's QM's attitude to a pending EPQ? Would it be counted?
      Surely it will get added to your predicted grades along with everything else?

ReputationRep:
      Anyone on here know past interview questions used or anywhere I can find some?

ReputationRep:
      Hi guys,
      I have a tarrif of 620 and a ukcat score of 675. Do you think its worth applying to barts? Thanks

ReputationRep:
      Officially applying to Barts!

Still feeling a bit doubtful cause I've got a UCAS tariff of 734 (Piano qualifications + IB) but UKCAT of 2480 :dontknow:

According to their stats then I should be okay. But of course, the average will probably go up this year, seeing that everyone's done so well on their UKCAT!

ReputationRep:
      I am an international student. Does Barts take in account all the UCAS predicted tariffs from Cambridge Proficiency/Advanced Examinations ( English as second language )? Although it is listed in UCAS tariff, it's a bit uncommon thing among UCAS tariff list So, I am still worried that they would miss out my predicted grade which is worth 140 points Could anyone shed light on this for me please ?

ReputationRep:
      Really anxious about getting into Barts as it's my first choice. I'm predicted A*A*AAb which is 570 UCAS and have a UKCAT of 667.5. I don't know if this is entirely right but for others like me in the mid-range I sort of worked something out that may help. So I worked out that for every 10 ucas points the overall UKCAT (the big number) decreases by 34. So according to last year someone with a ucas tariff of 570 say would need a UKCAT of 647.5 (620-50=570. 5x34=170. 2420+170=2590 2590/4=647.5) this looks really complicated but I worked out the 34 by doing this: between 620 and 520 there is 100 ucas points the ukcats are 2420 and 2760. 2760-2420=340. Divide 340 by 100 gives you the amount of UKCAT per tariff point (3.4) so for every 10 tariff points it must be 34 non-averaged UKCAT points.

If you have a ucas tariff below 570 then you work out how far you are away from 520 (perhaps 10?) this would mean you take 34 from the bigger UKCAT= 2760-34=2726/4=681.5. However if you're above 570 then you calculate how far you are from 620 (perhaps 10?) then you would ADD 34 to 2420 to make 2454 (613.5) I really hope I've worked this out right or I'll feel like such an idiot! It's really confusing, I know but it seems to make sense to me? If anyone wants me to explain further, just ask! Bearing in mind this was last years so even if your UKCAT is higher than what is needed for your ucas points you may still not get an interview. If you need me to explain further, just ask ������ feel free to tell me I'm wrong or whatever (if you can let me know where I went wrong)

ReputationRep:
      Anyone received a confirmation email yet? I've heard back from all my other choices, but not from Barts...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by skotch)
      Anyone received a confirmation email yet? I've heard back from all my other choices, but not from Barts...
      Same here! I haven't received any confirmation email from Barts. But UCAS sent me a letter this morning saying my application has been sent.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by minhle20)
      Same here! I haven't received any confirmation email from Barts. But UCAS sent me a letter this morning saying my application has been sent.
      Same! Did you send your application off on Sunday like me?

ReputationRep:
      International Barts applicant here
      O Levels : 9A* A Level: A*A*A*AB UKCAT:680 UCAS Tariff: 640 I am taking a gap year.Anybody think I stand a chance?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.