The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AspiringMedic8
1) Yes
2) Probably the day before as well
3) Google
4) The emails generally come in by hourly waves from midnight the night before, texts usually early morning, such as 8am

:smile:

thanks for the brief answer, but these are just from opinion, you dont seem very confident in most of your answers, for example you are saying google it and "probably" ... which alludes to the fact you dont know :wink: but thanks anyways.
(edited 9 years ago)
SQA results day Discussion Thread Has turned into a Debate session on Private Schools ill keep my opinion short and sweet, it doesnt matter who/what/where you get your results in, all people would have to put some sort of effort in for passing exams and thats all that matters and not the school you went to :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SerLorasTyrell
Okay cool just checking you weren't doing seven highers hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Implying 7 Highers would be difficult?

#plsIhaveaphdinpuremathematicsthatidoneparttimewhileowningamultimilliondollarcompanythatproducesfemninehygieneproductswhilebeingbornwithonlyalefthandwhatsyourexcuse?

Edit: Yes that PHD is from Cambridge before anyone asks, I also have 2 of them but I want to be modest. I am also a fully trained cardiothoracic surgeon, all before I turn 13.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheFOMaster
Implying 7 Highers would be difficult?

#plsIhaveaphdinpuremathematicsthatidoneparttimewhileowningamultimilliondollarcompanythatproducesfemninehygieneproductswhilebeingbornwithonlyalefthandwhatsyourexcuse?

that thing at the bottom was cool, just have to add :smile: took me ages to read haha
Original post by mathsisannoying
that thing at the bottom was cool, just have to add :smile: took me ages to read haha

But the thing is, it's not as cool as you but :gthumb:
Original post by AspiringMedic8
1) Yes
2) Probably the day before as well
3) Google
4) The emails generally come in by hourly waves from midnight the night before, texts usually early morning, such as 8am

:smile:

I have signed up to receive my results by both text and email, will I have any problems ?
Original post by JPiddy
I have signed up to receive my results by both text and email, will I have any problems ?

Shouldnt have any problems, i if i had any tips though it would be to get some sleep, you might receive your text/email in the later batches, i learned that last year haha
Original post by JPiddy

You should be fine! Last year my email arrived at 4:50am and my text at 8am. The year before my email arrived at 1:10am so you can't really tell when it will come. Good luck! :smile:
Is it only the email that comes earlier into the night? Will the text most likely be at 8/9am?
Original post by AndrewSCO
Is it only the email that comes earlier into the night? Will the text most likely be at 8/9am?

From personal experience, the email arrives quicker most of the time, and the text does usually arrive later. Although I'm sure it will probably vary from person to person.
Original post by hollieeilloh
From personal experience, the email arrives quicker most of the time, and the text does usually arrive later. Although I'm sure it will probably vary from person to person.

I only signed up for the text and I was thinking about just staying up all night for it because I usually go to sleep about 2am anyway in the holidays. So if it was likely to come for 4ish then I'd probably have stayed up, but it seems like the text comes at 8/9 with most people so I'll probably just leave it :tongue:
Original post by AndrewSCO
I only signed up for the text and I was thinking about just staying up all night for it because I usually go to sleep about 2am anyway in the holidays. So if it was likely to come for 4ish then I'd probably have stayed up, but it seems like the text comes at 8/9 with most people so I'll probably just leave it :tongue:

Ahh, I see. Yeah I'd recommend going to sleep and then just hoping it's there when you wake up, but obviously if you're willing to wait and hope you're lucky then go ahead! :smile:
Original post by greenladybird
No, I saw one of my teachers and he said that all of them were going into school because the results were released.
Probably different for each school.

SQA says it's Monday, that's my only source! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DylanJ96
I just loved the department and the university in general when I went to visit; it felt so comfortable compared to Edinburgh and Bristol which seemed kind of impersonal. Plus, the department is really high-ranked for my subject. And, of course, the fact that they gave me an unconditional (despite having not sat my three advanced highers yet, which dropped to two straight after I got the unconditional) had something to do with firming them as well. :colondollar:

Newcastle seems so nice but my UKCAT isn't high enough to apply. Their dental school is extremely friendly which is uncommon amongst such healthcare establishments!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by EatAndRevise
You are trolling, right?

I'm just undermining the stupid logic! :tongue: It would be quite hypocritical of me if I hated private schools. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ecasx
Below 98% and I'll scrummage £50 for you

Just National 5 man

Really want my £50, but would genuinely feel bad if you didn't get an A. Hope you get 97% :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinetyOne
Thank you! If you worked hard I'm sure it will be reflected in your results :wink:

I'm wanting to do Politics and International Relations. But I might switch it up for Sociology down the line. What about you?

Your welcome! :smile:
That's true! I hope it is!
Cool! I didn't do Politics or Sociology but it does sound interesting. I've decided on Public Relations. :biggrin:
Guys its 3 days, yes only 72 hours until the big day how we all feeling? to pass my time im watching the harry potter series/ lord of the rings :smile: hope you all have something to do to pass the time
Scary how it's not long until results now. The past few weeks have went by so quickly :0
When the emails are sent out is it done in alphabetical order? as in A,B and C in the first batch that sort of thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending