Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Murray always wins if Novac, Nadal & Federer are out of the tournament - well done him for winning for Great Britain!

:five:
    It is just a matter of time til Scotland does not count to Great Britain anylonger. Brexit!!

Seriously, congratulations to Murray! **

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    It is just a matter of time til Scotland does not count to Great Britain anylonger. Brexit!!

Seriously, congratulations to Murray! **
    Never ever will the union end, they voted to stay two years ago, it's forever now so shut it!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Never ever will the union end, they voted to stay two years ago, it's forever now so shut it!
    Calm down, guy! I would not have thought that it is so easily to tease you.

By the way does someone know when Tennis begins as Olympic event at the Olympics in 2016? hope so much to watch some nice Tennis matches without pay TV. *

ReputationRep:
    What a moronic post which is also incorrect. One referendum doesn't last forever.

You do realise at one point Scotland actually voted against having devolved powers? Now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    What a moronic post which is also incorrect. One referendum doesn't last forever.

You do realise at one point Scotland actually voted against having devolved powers? Now...
    Scotland voted for devolved powers in the 70's, they never got them because turnout was too low in the referendum.

But yeah, i think Scotland will stay until at least 2020 (or rather that the SNP won't call the referendum out of fear of losing again)

ReputationRep:

Once in a lifetime opportunity you imbecile, NOT once every year opportunity! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Once in a lifetime opportunity you imbecile, NOT once every year opportunity! :rolleyes:
    Was the referendum last year? Is it even planned for this? No you absolute reprobate, so please tell me where exactly you're getting "every year" from?

Either way you're still an idiot for sayinh the referendum will last forever. I suggest you get off TSR, do some research and put a top on you skinny runt.

ReputationRep:
    Was the referendum last year? Is it even planned for this? No you absolute reprobate, so please tell me where exactly you're getting "every year" from?

Either way you're still an idiot for sayinh the referendum will last forever. I suggest you get off TSR, do some research and put a top on you skinny runt.
    You don't fathom sarcasm....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Do you really want to begin with a Brexit discussion in a tennis thread?!

guys, that was a joke! don't be so serious. As if the Brexit would influence Murray's potential...

ReputationRep:
    Federer to miss the remainder of the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    I know, I wanna die );Hopefully he'll be in top form in January tho.cant believe he's missing the Olympics. He's gonna have to last another 4 years if he wants a gold in the singles.

ReputationRep:
    Never though Federer's career will come to an end due to injuries.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The_K1NG)
    Never though Federer's career will come to an end due to injuries.
    What?! did he really retire from Tennis? he has cancelled the trip to Rio, but giving the whole career up at once?*

ReputationRep:
    What?! did he really retire from Tennis? he has cancelled the trip to Rio, but giving the whole career up at once?*
    No he hasn't retired. He is not playing any more events in 2016.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No he hasn't retired. He is not playing any more events in 2016.
    Thanks that you have replied so quickly to my question. It is good to know that he goes on. He is still young to retire from Tennis now. *
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Thanks that you have replied so quickly to my question. It is good to know that he goes on. He is still young to retire from Tennis now. *
    but is he really? IMO he should have retired when he won wimbeldon 2012, would have secured his legacy as GOAT (well at least until now)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    but is he really? IMO he should have retired when he won wimbeldon 2012, would have secured his legacy as GOAT (well at least until now)
    It is not so easy to retire at the right moment. Legacy as goat? no, don't think so. Whenever he finishes his career off, he would remain as one of the best tennis player in history, even if his glorious time draws to a close.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It is not so easy to retire at the right moment. Legacy as goat? no, don't think so. Whenever he finishes his career off, he would remain as one of the best tennis player in history, even if his glorious time draws to a close.
    I agree that it is hard to find the right time and that his time will be seen as glorious when he retires, but Djokovic is catching up to him on the GOAT list, some even say that he is already better than him because of the tough competition. For a guy like fed, still playing, I'm not sure 'one of the best' quite captures his brilliance. I don't think it would have been hard to retire after that 2012 win because he did go 2 whole years without a slam and only then was he starting to look decent after the mono.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    I agree that it is hard to find the right time and that his time will be seen as glorious when he retires, but Djokovic is catching up to him on the GOAT list, some even say that he is already better than him because of the tough competition. For a guy like fed, still playing, I'm not sure 'one of the best' quite captures his brilliance. I don't think it would have been hard to retire after that 2012 win because he did go 2 whole years without a slam and only then was he starting to look decent after the mono.
    It looks like that I am confused. What is a GOAT list anyway? :dontknow: I am not so familar with this term in tennis.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It looks like that I am confused. What is a GOAT list anyway? :dontknow: I am not so familar with this term in tennis.
    Oh, GOAT stands for GreatestOfAllTime

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.