The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by R-KAM
He's such a ****ing WUM.

RvP winner tomorrow. Bobbled off his knee.

...and then back out for 6 months with a stubbed toe. :gah:
RvP is in the squad?!

****ing WUMger :smile:
Wenger you legend. Imagine if he scores.
Original post by Overmars
And Walcott, yes.

We shall see, I sense a cunning plan :tongue:
Original post by G550NDH
Wenger you legend. Imagine if he scores.

Unless it's in a 3-2 defeat or better, no-one's gonna give a ****.

Naming him in the squad is one thing, delivering on the pitch is another. IF he does start, what it should do is give Nasri, Fabregas, Wilshere and Arshavin licence to play off him. Every Arsenal fan highlights Van Persie as a very important player not only because of his quality but because Bendtner and Chamakh can't offer anything close to what Van Persie can.

I still think Fabregas is the main man though. He will have to have an incredible game...a truly phenomenal performance -- I'm thinking something like Henry vs. Inter at the San Siro -- for us to get through. It's up to him to drag us over the line.
Wtf, in the squad? It all seemed a bit odd, RVP with a ligament tear yet he wasn't subbed straight away and even then came out for the 2nd half and lead the team up the steps at FT. But it's RVP and Wenger isn't one to lie about players fitness unless he's dropping them... Hmmmm.......with everything left to play for would Wenger really risk RVP unless he was in decent shape even if it's only a 15-20 min cameo
(edited 13 years ago)
He can't be completely fit, this is Robin Van Persie we're talking about, the polar opposite of Lazarus really along with Kieron Dyer. Think Bendtner will start and RvP to make a cameo towards the end if necessary (if we're 3 up with 20mins left he probably won't be risked). He's made a good impact sub, the game in which we lost 2-1 to Spurs last season comes to mind.
Reply 5727
Inclusion of RVP is shock, but he won't start. Wenger knows we have alot of important games coming up and risking him for just 1 match, it's all too much.
Van Persie has been included in a 19 man squad. Wenger has to cut it down to 18 before the game. Looking at who has been picked I think Van Persie (depending on his fitness) or Denilson could be left out.
Original post by badger-man
Van Persie has been included in a 19 man squad. Wenger has to cut it down to 18 before the game. Looking at who has been picked I think Van Persie (depending on his fitness) or Denilson could be left out.

yup thats what i thought...if he isn't fit enough he'll be dropped
Reply 5730
So RVP is in the squad.........Start against Utd? :colone:
Reply 5731
Original post by G550NDH

Lacks so much on every level.
Guardiola talking about Wilshere: "An excellent player for Arsenal and England. We have many types of his player in our second team."

Absolutely right, Pep. And Arsene's stealing them all. :adore:
Guardiola talking about Wilshere: "An excellent player for Arsenal and England. We have many types of his player in our second team."

Absolutely right, Pep. And Arsene's stealing them all. :adore:

Lol. I highly doubt that Barca have anyone in their second team that quite matches Wilshere's quality, which imo is the implication of Pep's statement. Wilshere>Busquets tbh.
Let's just hope while they focus on Wilshere, they ignore Nasri. He's been our player of the season by a long shot. (would be RVP if he played enough games)
Reply 5735
According to Fc Barcelona site, 4900 Arsenal fans will travel for the match.
Original post by milkytea
Lol. I highly doubt that Barca have anyone in their second team that quite matches Wilshere's quality, which imo is the implication of Pep's statement. Wilshere>Busquets tbh.

They might well match his technical ability -- which is considerable and much more than he has been showing this season in a more restricted, defensive position -- but Arsenal fans, much more than anyone, know technical ability is only half the battle. You need the physical strengths -- the speed, stamina and power that Jack has to keep sprinting for 95 mins a game, and the mental strength to keep battling until the final whistle is blown.

I think that comment might well have been taken out of context by the media. Pep is usually complimentary of Arsenal and doesn't take unnecessary digs.
Original post by badger-man

With Song not travelling, there is no way Denilson is getting dropped. Gibbs will probably get dropped if RVP doesn't make it.
They might well match his technical ability -- which is considerable and much more than he has been showing this season in a more restricted, defensive position -- but Arsenal fans, much more than anyone, know technical ability is only half the battle. You need the physical strengths -- the speed, stamina and power that Jack has to keep sprinting for 95 mins a game, and the mental strength to keep battling until the final whistle is blown.

I think that comment might well have been taken out of context by the media. Pep is usually complimentary of Arsenal and doesn't take unnecessary digs.

That's true, although he seemed decidedly less complementary after the final result came in at the Emirates. I get the feeling that if we knock them out he will drop the niceties. But that's just me being cynical.
:rofl3: RVP back in the squad. Wenger :adore:

Latest