The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
Arkasia
Zerforax, LP, AR_95, Drew Busby
Qua, SUG
Wilfried Little, Jam(Captain, trequartista)
Sr90, Fizzel

Think we'll win that 2-0.

Interesting lineup, Shed End to be the streaker who comes on to boos and whistles?
Original post by Arkasia
Yeah looking forward to it, although I fear that Chile are going to be on the end of a dicking.

Ah lucky you man, was looking for tickets but all sold out sigh. Gonna be a good game though poor old Alexis Chile are gonna get destroyed.
Original post by Stefano93
Ah lucky you man, was looking for tickets but all sold out sigh. Gonna be a good game though poor old Alexis Chile are gonna get destroyed.

I got them as soon as they were released, £35 for a row 2 ticket (got bored of sitting in upper tier). Should be incredibly energetic, but Chile couldn't even beat Iran, I reckon it might be a bloodbath.
players are trying so hard to give liverpool a fighting chance, by getting themselves injured. Always top quality sportsmanship from arsenal
Here's a question for you guys, do you reckon if Bergkamp hadn't refused to fly we'd have final'd/won the CL in the early to mid 2000s? Parlour and a few others hinted at that in the Bergkamp PL Legends documentary...

I reckon we'd have gone further for sure, not sure we'd have won it though.
Original post by fallen_acorns
players are trying so hard to give liverpool a fighting chance, by getting themselves injured. Always top quality sportsmanship from arsenal

Tbf, Liverpool players did the complete opposite by stamping on people...
Original post by Pete_91
Here's a question for you guys, do you reckon if Bergkamp hadn't refused to fly we'd have final'd/won the CL in the early to mid 2000s? Parlour and a few others hinted at that in the Bergkamp PL Legends documentary...

I reckon we'd have gone further for sure, not sure we'd have won it though.

Why didn't you just give him sleeping pills for the flight?
Original post by jam277
Why didn't you just give him sleeping pills for the flight?

No idea, I'm guessing he just refused outright...
Original post by Pete_91
No idea, I'm guessing he just refused outright...

Think that's nonsense on Bergkamps part then. Tbf nowadays the eurostar link is much better so he can use that(if he's not scared of trains too)
Original post by fallen_acorns

It's all about levelling the playing field you see :wink:

Although you better be careful - Gerrard won't feature so he can't just hand you the points personally.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Still think you'll hammer Liverpool, well i hope so :awesome:. But a draw wouldnt be so bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eh? Liverpool have really easy fixtures after this so the last thing either of us want is them picking up any points here. Remember that we could quite easily lose to City & Chelsea and that gap we've built up suddenly vanishes. A nice 2-0 win to Arsenal with at least one Scouse injury/red card would be ideal. Then they can lose to Blackburn in the cup and their whole season falls apart.
Original post by sr90
Eh? Liverpool have really easy fixtures after this so the last thing either of us want is them picking up any points here. Remember that we could quite easily lose to City & Chelsea and that gap we've built up suddenly vanishes. A nice 2-0 win to Arsenal with at least one Scouse injury/red card would be ideal. Then they can lose to Blackburn in the cup and their whole season falls apart.

They'd deserve their own meltdown thread if that happened...
Anyone know if Ox/Wilshere will be back for us in a week?
Original post by sr90

I disagree to a degree. Yes a Liverpool win in this match would be very bad indeed due to their remaining fixtures. But I don't think a draw is bad at all (obviously providing we beat Villa). It would open up a 7 point lead (effectively 8 if you count GD), plus also let us make ground on Arsenal.

I really cannot see us losing both matches vs City and Chelsea (famous last words), most I think we'd drop would be 4 points, and that's being fairly negative.

That would mean even if dropped 4 points, we'd still be 4 points (GD being considered) ahead. And our hardest fixtures over. That is of course assuming Liverpool win their two games while we play City/Chelsea.

I think anything but a Liverpool win suits. It's a tough game to call though. I'm literally 50/50. Arsenal at home in theory should win. But I just don't see Liverpool going down without a fight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hayles101
I disagree to a degree. Yes a Liverpool win in this match would be very bad indeed due to their remaining fixtures. But I don't think a draw is bad at all (obviously providing we beat Villa). It would open up a 7 point lead (effectively 8 if you count GD), plus also let us make ground on Arsenal.

I really cannot see us losing both matches vs City and Chelsea (famous last words), most I think we'd drop would be 4 points, and that's being fairly negative.

That would mean even if dropped 4 points, we'd still be 4 points (GD being considered) ahead. And our hardest fixtures over. That is of course assuming Liverpool win their two games while we play City/Chelsea.

I think anything but a Liverpool win suits. It's a tough game to call though. I'm literally 50/50. Arsenal at home in theory should win. But I just don't see Liverpool going down without a fight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly I can't see anything for us here.

Obviously there's the slightest hope that we're just gonna go all out, but looking at the gap and the way you display it there logically, I'd be surprised if anybody "truly" believed we could still make top 4.

I really hope your famous last words come true and you lose to city and chelsea now, just so you'll be cast away to the Lúcio zone :biggrin:
City/chelsea ??? i'm sure we've played city twice, is it utd that you mean?
Original post by Jgco2chem
City/chelsea ??? i'm sure we've played city twice, is it utd that you mean?

They're both united fans, so they're speaking from United's perspective.

But yes, we do still have Chelsea and United (and Liverpool next week obs) but have played most of the top half after that
Nah, i want Arsenal to absolutely take Liverpool apart.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The only issue I can see for us is that we don't play any mid table teams in the last few games, only relegation struggler's and United. Bit clichéd but we'll be playing teams with something to fight for, rather than mid table fodder who have nothing to play for.
Sanchez just went down....**** me if he's injured too.

Latest