The Student Room Group

Exams story

Scroll to see replies

Original post by z33
Awh that's so cute that you took your teachers into account as well. That was me in GCSE RS when I got a B and I felt so bad because our teacher was so good and I felt like I let her down but it's okay I guess. I know GCSEs aren't A-levels lol but still same kinda concept.

And awh I'm glad there's a happy ending and a lesson learned from this and you're clearly down to Earth and know what you're doing and you're a good thinker :smile: I'm happy it all worked out and I hope it does for me too! :biggrin:

I'm sure you'll do really well :smile:

I'm off to bed now, nice chatting to you!
Original post by MrMackyTv
I lolled a bit at this... is that bad?

yes- I was devastated!
For my GCSE further mathematics I turned up at the last 5 minutes because I thought it was the next day. Had my mum running into the house shouting for me to wake up. I was shaking when I got there.
Original post by Frappé
yes- I was devastated!

I can just imagine myself in that situation. Just chilling thinking I have aced the test until there, I missed two pages of questions. I just find it funny at that moment. My story is similar to yours. Was the results bad?
Original post by Vikingninja
For my GCSE further mathematics I turned up at the last 5 minutes because I thought it was the next day. Had my mum running into the house shouting for me to wake up. I was shaking when I got there.

Oh noo! Was you still able to sit it?
Original post by funkydee19
Oh noo! Was you still able to sit it?

Yeah.
Original post by MrMackyTv
I can just imagine myself in that situation. Just chilling thinking I have aced the test until there, I missed two pages of questions. I just find it funny at that moment. My story is similar to yours. Was the results bad?

Okay it is slightly funny:biggrin:, Gosh I am such a joke! Glad i'm not the only one though!
Nope, I got an A but it was so close to an A* :frown:
Waited 2 years and got the A* finally lol.
What about you?
The worst thing to happen to me was when my computer suddenly shut down in my AS Politics exam (I type my exams). Midway through an essay, which I had saved somewhat regularly, it just restarted to instal updates, not giving me an option to save my work. I freaked out; though I only lost a couple of paragraphs overall, the stress didn't help!
Last year, I did my GCSE Maths exam.It was the first exam that i would do in this country.The exam started and the invigilator said that I hour 45 minutes left, It means 15 have gone.I was on the 6th question and I made a panic. I did very quickly rest of the questions and I finished all the questions and checked the paper two times, it was ok.She said 45 minutes left but I was a bit shocked because I thought I could not complete all the questions and I waited for 45 minutes by doing nothing.It was boring.(in my country, nobody tell the time, only last 15 minutes, they remind it) As a result, I could complete the exam but I could not manage the time.
(edited 8 years ago)
I could get only A.
Original post by Frappé
Okay it is slightly funny:biggrin:, Gosh I am such a joke! Glad i'm not the only one though!
Nope, I got an A but it was so close to an A* :frown:
Waited 2 years and got the A* finally lol.
What about you?

I flopped. But not entirely because im in the top 2 sets lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 51
Sitting my first gcse chemistry exam (worst subject) i struggled right through the paper trying to answer the questions; when they refered to the periodic table i had no idea what to do... 2 mins before the end i flicked through my paper only to find the periodic table at the very back😂
Original post by z33
omg yes i have a story for this

okay basically it was the chemistry as exam and we were just getting started right
we read through the instructions and the exam begins and already, we see the invigilators swatting at something but didn't really think anything of it.

Then we realise it's a ****ing flying spider mosquito thing yeah and i start freaking my ****

it then flies to the end of the room so i was like okay, it's not near me i'll just write my name and stuff and i lift my head up and it was right infront of my face like it was basically on my face

obviously i table flip, throw my **** all over the place, and run across the room screaming :colondollar:

everyone is dying but too scared to laugh in case they get disqualified (my friend didn't care she was on the floor haha)

the invigilator kills it (stepped on it, it was on the floor right next to my desk) and then bends down to pick my glasses up, but i thought she was picking the bug up and jumped again when she tried to hand it over haha

she goes "atleast it got rid of your exam nerves haha" -_-

i was red and shaking the rest of that exam haha it was so scary but funny af after :lol:

ahahahahahhaha thats crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 53
Original post by Hard work
ahahahahahhaha thats crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha i know right!! :lol: made the exam more bearable though :tongue:
A Phone rang during one of my exams.

Quick Reply

Latest