AQA A-Level French 2016

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atiyaaloveszaynx)
    Ooh nice! Do you have any predictions of what essay questions they'll ask? I'm doing Stromae
    I do the metteur en scène part so Claud Berri's work on Jean de Florette not really sure sorry :/ would love a themes or techniques one! you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanor27)
    I do the metteur en scène part so Claud Berri's work on Jean de Florette not really sure sorry :/ would love a themes or techniques one! you?
    Oh okay no problem!! I'm doing Moliere as my other one and i'm hoping themes or techniques comes up too!! They're good ones but I think they came up within the last 3 years :'( bet this one's gonna be hard just like the AS this week

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Monet or Maupassant?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing question 12? any prediction? I'm studying 'les petits enfants du siècle'

ReputationRep:
    yes please!
    no unfortunately aqa doesn't

ReputationRep:
    question 10 - anyone studying Bretagne?

ReputationRep:
    Our college is doing La Haine. Hoping for themes as that hasn't come up in a while, but anything could come up really. How are you guys revising?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing au revoir les enfants and les petits enfants du siècle! I'm really hoping it's themes as that actually hasn't come up in 4 years !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1lly)
    I'm doing au revoir les enfants and les petits enfants du siècle! I'm really hoping it's themes as that actually hasn't come up in 4 years !
    I hope but very unlikely

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wanna have a go these translation (second one not evident as it appears)

1. So that the problem of increasing crime rate is reduced, it is necessary that we introduce more severe sentences.
    2. I am looking for a man who is tall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    Anyone wanna have a go these translation (second one not evident as it appears)

1. So that the problem of increasing crime rate is reduced, it is necessary that we introduce more severe sentences.
    2. I am looking for a man who is tall
    Pour que le problème d'un taux de crime croissant soit réduit, il est nécessaire qu'on introduise des condamnations plus sévères

Je cherche un homme qui est grand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fudge2)
    Pour que le problème d'un taux de crime croissant soit réduit, il est nécessaire qu'on introduise des condamnations plus sévères

Je cherche un homme qui est grand
    le problème du taux de délit élevé*
    les peines works better there

second is soit and not est, as the subjunctive mood is used for doubt. you don't really know if there's a man that is tall, as you searching for one, if that makes sense. It's above A2 difficulty tho.

ReputationRep:
    1. The problem of global warming will only get worse
    2. The boys got themselves arrested before they left

ReputationRep:
    le problème du taux de délit élevé*
    les peines works better there

second is soit and not est, as the subjunctive mood is used for doubt. you don't really know if there's a man that is tall, as you searching for one, if that makes sense. It's above A2 difficulty tho.
    Élevé means high/elevated rather than increasing I thought?

Lol fair enough bit of a weird one

ReputationRep:
    1. The problem of global warming will only get worse
    2. The boys got themselves arrested before they left
    Le problème du réchauffement climatique ne fera qu'empirer

Les garçons se sont fait arrêtés avant qu'ils ne soient partis

ReputationRep:
    Le problème du réchauffement climatique ne fera qu'empirer

Les garçons se sont fait arrêtés avant qu'ils ne soient partis
    Nice mate

1. His survival wouldn't have been possible if he wasn't given additional support by his friend
    2. After having to leave for their holiday

ReputationRep:
    Nice mate

1. His survival wouldn't have been possible if he wasn't given additional support by his friend
    2. After having to leave for their holiday
    Cheers

Son survie n'aurait pas été possible s'il n'avait pas été donné du soutien additionel par son ami

Après qu'ils ont dû partir pour leurs vacances? That's a tough one

ReputationRep:
    Cheers

Son survie n'aurait pas été possible s'il n'avait pas été donné du soutien additionel par son ami

Après qu'ils ont dû partir pour leurs vacances? That's a tough one
    son survie n'aurait pas été possible, s'il n'avait pas donné l'appui supplémentaire par son ami
    après avoir dû quitter pour leur(s) vacance(s)

ReputationRep:
    son survie n'aurait pas été possible, s'il n'avait pas donné l'appui supplémentaire par son ami
    après avoir dû quitter pour leur(s) vacance(s)
    s'il n'avait pas été donné I guess you mean?
    fair that makes sense
    where you getting these from?

ReputationRep:
    s'il n'avait pas été donné I guess you mean?
    fair that makes sense
    where you getting these from?
    Yeah sorry, and were just making them up. How you feeling for the exam on tuesday? What books are you studying?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.