Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get in touch with my more Pakistani side? Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    I don't like volleyball and I hate cricket. I love animals and I love mango juice. But mountains....now I'm really passionate about mountains and walking and I really want to see the Himalayas and the other ranges that Pakistan has to offer.

Pakistan is just low on my priorities of places to travel to atm :/ Especially since none of my family live there anymore..I don't think their experience of Pakistan as a country was particularly positive, as they were Christians. They do love and uphold their Pakistani culture to some extent though.
    The mountains are beautiful and you'd love it, getting a good camera will make all the difference too and if you get to know people in the area, it can really uplift the mood. I'm sorry to hear your family's experience of Pakistan wasn't positive, culture is always valued in my family, more so than religion as it is a part of you, I however rarely go to Pakistan but being a British woman going there, I just attract attention and it is rather creepy.

ReputationRep:
    So I'm half Pakistani right, but I feel totally disconnected from the culture. I'm pretty western.

I eat some pakistani food, but that's about it.

Any ideas?
    Another asian, ayyyy lmao

ReputationRep:
    What's your other side?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I'm half Pakistani right, but I feel totally disconnected from the culture. I'm pretty western.

Any ideas?
    Join Al Qaeda.

ReputationRep:

Any ideas?
    Listen to Nusrat fateh ali khan -Dama dam mast qalandar

Lol, im half, and i find the culture sickening af, dont know why you'd bother tbh. The men & the patriarchy culture sickens me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    Lol, im half, and i find the culture sickening af, dont know why you'd bother tbh. The men & the patriarchy culture sickens me.
    can you expand on this?

can you expand on this?
    their patriarchal nature, men have more dominance than men in pakistani culture & their culture is too conventional and compatible with British ethos - dont get me wrong, they're not as worst as arabs, and pakistani food and weddings are <3

ReputationRep:
    OMG YOU need to watch east is east and west is west it's about a half pakistani going to pakistan it's amazing I'm fully pakistani btw and have been to Pakistan

(Original post by samaad)
    OMG YOU need to watch east is east and west is west it's about a half pakistani going to pakistan it's amazing I'm fully pakistani btw and have been to Pakistan
    i have been to pakistan but i never got to embrace the culture as wholly as I anticipated because I live in the Islamabad compounds, so it was just a btech version of England for me, although I do want to see how villagers live tbh

ReputationRep:
    It's not just Pakistani culture Indian as well . Hardest people to get along with. Such a stank attitude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Another asian, ayyyy lmao
    He's mixed

(Original post by xobeauty)
    It's not just Pakistani culture Indian as well . Hardest people to get along with. Such a stank attitude.
    its sad & detrimental, i watched a documentary about rape and this indian judge was like its the girls fault for being there,at the tme, where she was raped

ReputationRep:
    their patriarchal nature, men have more dominance than men in pakistani culture & their culture is too conventional and compatible with British ethos - dont get me wrong, they're not as worst as arabs, and pakistani food and weddings are <3
    Do you mean more dominance over women?

Do you mean incompatible with British ethos?

My family migrated to Australia and the UK and have integrated with society very well. The men are not like that :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    i have been to pakistan but i never got to embrace the culture as wholly as I anticipated because I live in the Islamabad compounds, so it was just a btech version of England for me, although I do want to see how villagers live tbh
    family live in a small village in the north we went for a wedding when i was 8 was good would go again

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. I don't relate to the Pakistani (South-Asian) culture at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    What's your other side?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm half English

(Original post by fr0sr_)
    Join Al Qaeda.
    Do they have decent Graduate Schemes?

(Original post by Sarpedon)
    Set up a corner shop.
    Need money to make money.

Do you mean more dominance over women?

Do you mean incompatible with British ethos?

My family migrated to Australia and the UK and have integrated with society very well. The men are not like that :dontknow:
    that depends on their men and how much they stepped out their culture their food, country is all beautiful but its the people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    He's mixed
    l knew that

ReputationRep:

Learn Urdu, watch/read about Pakistani news and current affairs, enjoy the food, celebrate Pakistani Independence day (14th August). See if there's a Pakistani society in your Uni or city.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.