The Student Room Group

Growth and height as a teen

Hi I am a male 15 years old and am currently about 174cm- 5 feet 8 inches.i think I was on the taller side growing up and may have hit an early growth spurt but I honestly don’t remember hitting one. Does this mean I have no more chance of growing. My dad is 6 foot 1 and my mum is 5 foot 4. I hope I didn’t get my mums side of the genes
Reply 1
Original post by js234
Hi I am a male 15 years old and am currently about 174cm- 5 feet 8 inches.i think I was on the taller side growing up and may have hit an early growth spurt but I honestly don’t remember hitting one. Does this mean I have no more chance of growing. My dad is 6 foot 1 and my mum is 5 foot 4. I hope I didn’t get my mums side of the genes
Hi!

Don't stress about it. Our bones usually grow until we hit 25 (according to a scientific report). So, there's a long way to go to touch the moon.
Original post by js234

You are only 15. I think you have high chances of getting taller.
Reply 3
Original post by js234
when i hit my 15th birthday i was 5'9. i'm now 15 and 8 months and i'm a bit under 6' so yes, you still will get taller
Reply 4
Original post by _Deleted
when i hit my 15th birthday i was 5'9. i'm now 15 and 8 months and i'm a bit under 6' so yes, you still will get taller
I’m hoping for a similar kind of growth but it’s all down to how I treat myself and my body. So that is my goal for now. Do you think that applied to you or do you think you didn’t necessarily care much.
Original post by js234
i'm 18 and 5'6 I'm a late bloomer my dad is 5'6 and my mom is 5'5 do you think I could grow to be 5'11 or 6'2
Reply 6
Original post by js234
I’m hoping for a similar kind of growth but it’s all down to how I treat myself and my body. So that is my goal for now. Do you think that applied to you or do you think you didn’t necessarily care much.
I eat minimum 100 grams of protein a day. And run 8 sets of 30 second sprints with 90 sec rests in between. So yes doing the right stuff will help you grow. but dont expect results immediately

Quick Reply

Latest