Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone think? I really liked the onto, deontology and meta ethics questions

ReputationRep:
    This exam was actually super difficult. (or maybe just my fault for only starting revision like 3 days ag..agh)
    I did the ontological argument, rebirth for life after death and natural moral law.
    Anyone else? If so, how did you find it?
    (also remember - it's finished now! let's try and be positive)......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrisspyKreme)
    What did you guys write for religious experience A01?
    AO1 was on atheism

ReputationRep:
    I did religious experience, religion & morality and the justice question. It went 'alright' I think lool....

ReputationRep:
    For question 2(b)(ii) for Religious Langauge would you gain any credit for analogy, myth and symbol?

ReputationRep:
    I just had it, Such a difficult paper, i hate it and virtue ethics didn't even come up, wtf?

ReputationRep:
    I did ontological, deontology and religious language and thought those 3 were okay questions. Worded slightly weird but it's fairly easy to adapt your answer to what they specifically ask so I think it went well overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jt8146)
    For question 2(b)(ii) would you gain any credit for analogy, myth and symbol?

That's what I did I linked it to anti realism which is the idea behind language games?? I think it's ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by At1045)
    That's what I did I linked it to anti realism which is the idea behind language games?? I think it's ok
    Well I really hope it is okay. People seemed to think that you could only refer to the Langauge Games aspect of Religious Language.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt read any bloody language games and that came up. I just ended up talking about analogies myths and symbols and I didnt look at verification fasl I bull *****ed that so baadd but ik my deontology and ontological is like full marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tezcatlipoca12)
    I did ontological, deontology and religious language and thought those 3 were okay questions. Worded slightly weird but it's fairly easy to adapt your answer to what they specifically ask so I think it went well overall.
    yeah I did the same- not a big fan of religious language part (ii) like what did it want??? did it want religious language AND falsification AND verification??? weirdly worded but i agree i think it went ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemstone100)
    I didnt read any bloody language games and that came up. I just ended up talking about analogies myths and symbols and I didnt look at verification fasl I bull *****ed that so baadd but ik my deontology and ontological is like full marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Analogy, myth and symbol may still gain credit tho?

ReputationRep:
    Well I really hope it is okay. People seemed to think that you could only refer to the Langauge Games aspect of Religious Language.
    On past examples when they ask on one particular theory they don't actually seem to like it when people don't bring in other ideas. Personally I think it's impossible to write a decent 12 mark essay on one theory so I think the idea was to encourage us to think of other anti realist views and link them to language games e.g 'non cognitive theories have importance to the believer similar to how language games states that the word 'God' can only be understood and have value to those within the religious life.'

ReputationRep:
    On past examples when they ask on one particular theory they don't actually seem to like it when people don't bring in other ideas. Personally I think it's impossible to write a decent 12 mark essay on one theory so I think the idea was to encourage us to think of other anti realist views and link them to language games e.g 'non cognitive theories have importance to the believer similar to how language games states that the word 'God' can only be understood and have value to those within the religious life.'
    So what marks do you reckon could get if I outlined the whole of myth and symbol and whole of analogy. Any?

ReputationRep:
    So what marks do you reckon could get if I outlined the whole of myth and symbol and whole of analogy. Any?
    Did you not talk about language games at all?

ReputationRep:
    Did you not talk about language games at all?
    No because I miss read the question. I was critiquing VP and FP with it that I mentioned in the part A with analogy, myth and symbol

ReputationRep:
    No because I miss read the question. I was critiquing VP and FP with it that I mentioned in the part A with analogy, myth and symbol
    The question was what does it contribute to this debate so you can use it to critique VP and falsification since it would argue they are incorrect

ReputationRep:
    The question was what does it contribute to this debate so you can use it to critique VP and falsification since it would argue they are incorrect
    So analogy, myth and symbol would gain some credit even if I didn't mention language games?

ReputationRep:
    So analogy, myth and symbol would gain some credit even if I didn't mention language games?
    Yeah they give credit, they won't mark you down for not mentioning it but obviously you would get more marks if you did

ReputationRep:
    I hope so. I really need an A and I know my other essays were a* but the religious language let me down so badly

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.