The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I once got refused at the Sainsburys on Magdalen St because they didn't think my driving license was me. Which is completely RIDICULOUS - it's not like it's some obscure photo, it's the same one as I have on my bod card! (If it was the one from my Union card where I have purple hair then I could understand...)
Reply 41
Between me getting a new passport a couple of years ago and getting my provisional driving licence this summer, they've introduced all those stupid rules about how you have to look on the photo. So my provisional driving licence pic looks NOTHING like me, because:

* You have to have your hair back off your face, revealing your ears. I HAVE A LAYERED BOB. This took me about ten minutes of frantic styling in the photo booth.
* You have to have your mouth closed, and not smile. This facial expression confers instant murderer quality upon the subject.
* You have to be staring straight ahead, with your head not even slightly tilted. So I look like I'm stalking whoever's looking at my photo.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I were to be refused service because my ID looks nothing like me. If the driving licence didn't itself say that I'm a 20-year-old woman, you'd be forgiven, on the basis of the photo, for thinking I'm a violent, greasy-haired, middle-aged man.
Reply 42
Quistis
* You have to have your hair back off your face, revealing your ears. I HAVE A LAYERED BOB. This took me about ten minutes of frantic styling in the photo booth.
* You have to have your mouth closed, and not smile. This facial expression confers instant murderer quality upon the subject.
* You have to be staring straight ahead, with your head not even slightly tilted. So I look like I'm stalking whoever's looking at my photo.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if I were to be refused service because my ID looks nothing like me. If the driving licence didn't itself say that I'm a 20-year-old woman, you'd be forgiven, on the basis of the photo, for thinking I'm a violent, greasy-haired, middle-aged man.

;laugh;
The picture on my own driving licence makes me look like a severely depressed 16-year-old boy. Always good for a laugh.:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending