Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    I like Flanagan :sad: I like Clyne more though. Disgrace it took them so long to call him up for England.

Di Maria is a far better comparison with Hazard. Former works harder, latter is arguably naturally more talented.
    Sanchez=Di Maria and Hazard in one player. Like Hovis best of both that boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    No he's the best young player in the world and will hit 20+ goals this season.

Who was it that said he was on par with hazard
    Best teenager was the claim wasn't it, which isn't too bad whereas 'young player' would include Hazard, Gotze, Neymar etc.

ReputationRep:
    I have no sympothy for Liverpool and their fans this season. As a Chelsea fan the stick we got for Jose coming in and making us a solid unit firstly, then this year kicking on and adding the attacking balance was a joke. All those fans banging on about LFC playing the right way and boring Chelsea parking the bus. Looks like you need a few lessons in bus parking from the master tactician in the game. Who's laughing now you're just above a relegation battle and facing the Europa League already??! Remember when Brenda said we can all coach men behind the ball? Well you certainly cant. All great managers (I use the likes of Pulis here) firstly come in and get a solid back line, then season upon season try to build on from there. Liverpool are just another Newcastle who nearly got there by outscoring their opponents in the 'I'd love it' season. Football is full of ups and downs and the cockiness of their supporters last year makes this season so much better for us all! LFC YAWN

Read this earlier in the comments section on SS, can't help but agree with it. Hysterical!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zürich)
    He really isn't. He got a terrible injury last season from a tackle vs Spurs, but that can happen to any player. Prior to that he was very rarely injured and had played 40+ games on average in his prior 3 seasons(before that wasnt 1st team). Maybe he'll be injury prone now of course, but we'll have to wait and see.

Sterling is better now than Walcott was at the same age, although Walcott later developed a very strong goal-scoring ability(esp in big games) and it remains to be seen if Sterling will produce the same raw stats, even if he has more talent. Walcott took a long time to get to the point of being a consistent scorer/provider though, very few young players are consistent like that.

But Sterling is having a poor season though, AOC has probably overtaken him tbh.
    Yeah, just looked at his stats. That's weird - I often hear Walcott and "injury prone" in the same sentence, despite evidence to the contrary. Guess he's just got that reputation.

ReputationRep:
    Bredon can't even use his subs right. The pressure is clouding his whatever little judgement there is left in him
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    FF Awards are up now guys get voting!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2995923
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wtf is a 'WUM'?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Wtf is a 'WUM'?
    Wind-up merchant

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

https://vine.co/v/O19lvOFOXe2
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    ^Sensational.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    We wouldn't have even scored at all if he was playing hence would've lost. Lambert looks much better.
    Exactly.
    As I've said many times, Lambert isn't on the level of players like Sturridge or Sanchez. He can't just create goals out of nothing like those players sometimes do.
    But at least he tries; he hasn't got good mobility but at least he moves.
    He hasn't got the greatest of stamina but at least he's tired when he finishes his game.

People laugh and make fun of the fact that he's our best striker right now.
    Yeah fair enough, maybe he isn't the kind of quality you would want to rely on week in week out, but the fact is that he bloody puts in a shift.
    I'd take that over a player like Balotelli any day.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Valdes is on the market again, it's being widely reported that we're not offering him a deal and he's returned to Spain.

Surely you'll try and sign him this time, surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Valdes is on the market again, it's being widely reported that we're not offering him a deal and he's returned to Spain.

Surely!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Valdes, Cech, Casillas.
    As unlikely the latter two are, I really don't care how much money it takes; I just want a consistent keeper.
    Not saying any keeper could do well with our defence but mignolet still makes hilarious errors on top of that.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Valdes, Cech, Casillas.
    As unlikely the latter two are, I really don't care how much money it takes; I just want a consistent keeper.
    Not saying any keeper could do well with our defence but mignolet still makes hilarious errors on top of that.
    De Gea is doing alright with our reserves in front of him Imagine if you were having to play Markovic at fullback, Ilori and Coates every week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    As I've said many times, Lambert isn't on the level of players like Sturridge or Sanchez.
    10/10 analysis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    10/10 analysis
    :rofl:

Btw where the hell is Sakho :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    :rofl:

Btw where the hell is Sakho :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Injured, will probably be back tommorow though. Balotelli still out so Lambert will get called up again but I'm afraid at his age he's going to be knackered like Gerrard, Rodgers however seems to think 30+ year olds have unlimited fitness though...

ReputationRep:
    Some of the posts on this page are quote of the year worthy, just lmao.

ReputationRep:
    If we dont go for Valdes then our whole transfer department should be fired. They already cocked up enough in the summer, dont let a keeper as good a VV go.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.