The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zayn is Bae
Because London.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are absolutely right!!
Reply 601
In all honesty there is little difference between Chelsea and United anyway if we come for a signing. Europa does nothing to attract the players that Chelsea and United are looking for and while Mourinho is a more established manager than Conte Chelsea have the london factor.

It's probably even, maybe 55-45 in Chelsea's favour.

Original post by Malevolent
Madrid will never have issues with finance. They just get bailed out by the government anyway :lol:

This.
Imagine thinking that footballers care so much about the project of the club and not about salary and location
Reply 603
Imagine thinking that footballers care so much about the project of the club and not about salary and location

Yeah DB has been posting pure AIDS recently but United can match or even outdo Chelsea for salary, vice versa for Chelsea.

Fergies a ****ing genius too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dirtybit
Unfortunately there is no "formula" to success.

You can work as hard as you like but if the manager doesn't fancy you then you won't get your chance.

Bull****.
Don't think Januzaj or Periera did something so bad that Van Gaal didn't fancy them. No personal vendetta against them. Just weren't good enough.

Gave other youth players a chance and they took it. Januzaj was criticised by another manger for his attitude and that says it all. Periera was too busy trying to score form corners.
The only thing Chelsea have over United atm is location

Not really. They won the league in 14/15 and had a **** season last but they've clearly got the team to mount challenges in Europe and domestically whereas we haven't, Mou still needs 3 or 4 top players to get to that level. I guess the fact that the squad was toxic as **** last year would put you off though.

Anyway, thoughts on that 3 rep rek by Jam?
Barca, Real and Bayern are the top tier taking all factors into account. United with CL make it to that tier but atm we're not quite there yet. Still manage to have that pulling power though. :biggrin:

@Zayn is Bae
We just had our worst season in years yet we missed out on CL football on goal difference. Think we are in a equal position, if not better to mount a charge domestically.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 608

But Chelsea can match the salary for most of your players, if they don't match them it's because you're most likely overpaying for that player. Ibra is on £274k a week e.g. and you'll be paying him similar wages at age 34.
Original post by Rk2k14
Barca, Real and Bayern are the top tier taking all factors into account. United with CL make it to that tier but atm we're not quite there yet. Still manage to have that pulling power though. :biggrin:

@Zayn is Bae
We just had our worst season in years yet we missed out on CL football on goal difference. Think we are in a equal position, if not better to mount a charge domestically.

Hi can you PM me, I have something to ask you x
Reply 610
Not really. They won the league in 14/15 and had a **** season last but they've clearly got the team to mount challenges in Europe and domestically whereas we haven't, Mou still needs 3 or 4 top players to get to that level. I guess the fact that the squad was toxic as **** last year would put you off though.

Yeah but the squad was toxic partially because of the manager dragging the club in a legal case and it's clearly not so toxic now.

Original post by Rk2k14

@Zayn is Bae

Missed out on CL on GD but you're not in an equal position since you have europa league to affect your match preparations over the course of the season.
Original post by swirly
Hi can you PM me, I have something to ask you x

Why not PM me in the first place?
Fool.
Original post by Rk2k14
Bull****.
Don't think Januzaj or Periera did something so bad that Van Gaal didn't fancy them. No personal vendetta against them. Just weren't good enough.

Gave other youth players a chance and they took it. Januzaj was criticised by another manger for his attitude and that says it all. Periera was too busy trying to score form corners.

Sorry but that is wrong. Football isn't black and white like that where if you don't get your chance you are not good enough. I can prove that with Pogba. Pogba wasn't trusted at United but now look at him at Juventus. Managers get decisions wrong all the time. LVG doesn't care too much for ability. He benched and sold Rivaldo in his prime after winning the Ballon d'or for crying out loud. So it's clear that if you piss LVG off once he will just not use you. Look at Rafael, Di Maria etc. Doesn't care how good you are. It's quite

How does Pereira scoring from corners make him not good enough lol? If anything that is impressive. I used to watch the U21 games and Pereira and Januzaj would try to score from corners and actually did manage to score a couple, mainly because they were too good for U21 matches. Other managers may overlook that or look at it in a more positive way. It's not that deep though. Obviously LVG thought it was.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Yeah but the squad was toxic partially because of the manager dragging the club in a legal case and it's clearly not so toxic now.

Missed out on CL on GD but you're not in an equal position since you have europa league to affect your match preparations over the course of the season.

Wouldn't be too confident after seeing Chelsea's end too the season. Didn't lose as much but you weren't exactly setting the world alight. Interesting to see Conte's approach.
Doubt anyone's bothered with the EL, especially Mou. Will probably play the youth in it.
Still think we'll run it close.
Reply 614
Original post by Rk2k14
Wouldn't be too confident after seeing Chelsea's end too the season. Didn't lose as much but you weren't exactly setting the world alight. Interesting to see Conte's approach.
Doubt anyone's bothered with the EL, especially Mou. Will probably play the youth in it.
Still think we'll run it close.

Yeah our season was over by then though. Same thing happened to Dortmund last season and look what they achieved the subsequent year in that title challenge.

Leicester won the league in 15/16 are they more attractive? Think that's one of the reasons we are going for Ibra, probably to pave a way for other top players.

Thoughts on me not knowing about this "3 rep rek"?
Original post by bammy jastard 27
But Chelsea can match the salary for most of your players, if they don't match them it's because you're most likely overpaying for that player. Ibra is on £274k a week e.g. and you'll be paying him similar wages at age 34.

Yeah then you can't match the salaries we can offer then.
Sorry but that is wrong. Football isn't black and white like that where if you don't get your chance you are not good enough. I can prove that with Pogba. Pogba wasn't trusted at United but now look at him at Juventus. Managers get decisions wrong all the time. LVG doesn't care too much for ability. He benched and sold Rivaldo in his prime after winning the Ballon d'or for crying out loud. So it's clear that if you piss LVG off once he will just not use you. Look at Rafael, Di Maria etc. Doesn't care how good you are. It's quite

How does Pereira scoring from corners make him not good enough lol? If anything that is impressive. I used to watch the U21 games and Pereira and Januzaj would try to score from corners and actually did manage to score a couple, mainly because they were too good for U21 matches. Other managers may overlook that or look at it in a more positive way. It's not that deep though. Obviously LVG thought it was.

Was referring to bit where you mentioned Van Gaal not 'fancying' them. He probably thought they weren't good enough to stake a claim and its not hard to see why. Pereria at no10 was never going to happen and Januzaj's attitude can be questioned. Van Gaal might not be the smartest manager, but when it comes to youth i'd take his judgement over a fan's with a certain liking for Periera. You obviously have to take your chances, especially if you're at United regardless of whether its a few minutes. Januzaj and Periera didn't offer anything that would have given them a reason to continually play. Rashford got his chance and scored twice. CBJ and TFM got their chances and did very well. Admittedly, in certain games where it was clear there was nothing to play for he should have started some of the u21 players but thats the past.

Trying to score from corners is stupid, once or twice is understandable but when you're competing with your teammate to see who can score more is foolish. Again, the attitude can be questioned. They may have been too good for the u21 matches but they weren't good enough for the first team.
Original post by Seabear11
Think Mcnair has a limit to his talent. Rojo needed a strong CB partner and he'll play fine. Still think Rojo will be given another year at least.

Blackett a star in the academy? he's 22 not u18. He had a really poor loan spell at celtic this past season 9 appearances throughout the whole season... i don't see him in the first team next season, maybe another loan.

Original post by scrawlx101
januzaj = overrated besides what does he offer that perierea doesnt? imo either sell him or loan him,rojo is not a top tier cb and should be warming the bench for abit,jones needs to go and blackett is an absolute fraud and needs to be the first play out.

My shortlist to be sold:
Januzaj(sell/loan)
Jones(sell)
Fellaini(sell preferably - sick of the hate he gets but he should only be sold once weve drafted replacements)
Wilson(sell/loan)
blackett(sell)
mata(mourinho doesnt like him)
valencia(maybe keep him if we dont promote TFM to the 1st team as a starter)
perierra(loan/gradually introduce him to the squad)

Lingard is so lucky he misses out on this list,for now he's in my good books.

we need to give him a chance i think he will improve, a few slip ups but we want to keep rojo - who is the real fraud
Some of United's salaries are a joke. Imagine offering players like Young £100k+.

Latest