The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
oh dear, sounds like December is going to be a stressful month!
Reply 621
Original post by raveen789
I got rejected early December last year so really hoping it does not happen again :frown: maybe they are sorting out rejections first :redface:

If you dont mind, could I ask what your UKCAT was last year? I hope it will work out fine for you this year!!!
Original post by nhta112
If you dont mind, could I ask what your UKCAT was last year? I hope it will work out fine for you this year!!!

620 :smile:
Reply 623
I almost wish Christmas didn't exist this year so January would come quicker.
Original post by franngu
I almost wish Christmas didn't exist this year so January would come quicker.

How could you? :tongue: i'd rather have two weeks of bliss than worry about interviews/rejections lol
Original post by Tee Logan x
How could you? :tongue: i'd rather have two weeks of bliss than worry about interviews/rejections lol

I dont know about you, but I'd still worry over christmas holidays haha.

But I agree that christmas holidays is good - gives us time to prepare.
Reply 626
So has anyone got any news ?? Or did anyone call them and ask them whats taking them so long ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 627
Original post by Conaura
So has anyone got any news ?? Or did anyone call them and ask them whats taking them so long ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was just wondering the same thing... They've been taking their time
Reply 628
Original post by ladams
Was just wondering the same thing... They've been taking their time

I asked about 5 year programme , they said interview late jan/feb ( dont know what late jan means) but i remember from last year they start sending rejections out in december ( usually in ukcat basis but dont quote me on it). I remember the 5 year admissions team stating the same thing they hand most ( again font quote me on it) rejections our by december so i guess no news is good news . I hope that helps not sure about 4 year programme, although I doubt it will be any different !
I hope that helps .

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 629
Original post by hello101
I asked about 5 year programme , they said interview late jan/feb ( dont know what late jan means) but i remember from last year they start sending rejections out in december ( usually in ukcat basis but dont quote me on it). I remember the 5 year admissions team stating the same thing they hand most ( again font quote me on it) rejections our by december so i guess no news is good news . I hope that helps not sure about 4 year programme, although I doubt it will be any different !
I hope that helps .

Posted from TSR Mobile

That does help thanks, just gotta wait now :s-smilie:
Cant wait to hear back from my unis! taking soo long :frown:
Reply 631
Has anyone tried to call them to ask when we could expect to hear from them? :/ I emailed them but they did not reply.
Reply 632
I got told some point in January/February, invitations out 10 days prior to the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Barts are taking their time....and I am not happy (February are you kidding me...)
Reply 634
Original post by alexberry
Barts are taking their time....and I am not happy (February are you kidding me...)

I feel your pain and frustration... we all do!

We're all in the same boat :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it's very frustrating. What are they going to do from now up until January? Hand out rejections? Surely they've already calculated the scores for each applicant, it's simply putting numbers into a spreadsheet.

Are people sure that we won't hear anything till January? :/
Reply 636
Original post by GCSE-help
Yeah it's very frustrating. What are they going to do from now up until January? Hand out rejections? Surely they've already calculated the scores for each applicant, it's simply putting numbers into a spreadsheet.

Are people sure that we won't hear anything till January? :/

Probably just rejections :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 637
From last years thread, the first interview invite was made on 19th Dec and it seemed like GEP applicants received them first. The earliest interview was on 22nd Jan. However, rejections came out earlier, starting from 5th Dec

We have a long way to go guys...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 638
Original post by franngu
From last years thread, the first interview invite was made on 19th Dec and it seemed like GEP applicants received them first. The earliest interview was on 22nd Jan. However, rejections came out earlier, starting from 5th Dec

We have a long way to go guys...

Posted from TSR Mobile

The wait is the worst part
Reply 639
Hi,

I'm a reapplicant from Poland and I was attending an interview at QMUL last year (was put on a Waiting List afterwards, and then nothing ;P). Got an invitation around 10th of December and as far as I remember the interview was scheduled on 28th of January.

Anyway, if you've got any questions feel free to ask, I'll try to answer as thoroughly as possible :smile: I keep my fingers crossed for all of us guys!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending