The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6460
Original post by Abiraleft
Not sure if this has been posted already: Almuia accuses team-mates of 'walking' against Barcelona

Could be an element of truth there, though I feel it had more to do with Barca's efficiency at shutting us down...

No way Almunia can blame the players. How would he know how tiring it is defending with 10 men for the whole match.
There is some truth in the fact that Wenger needs to spend, but it's not the type of spending people are talking about. We need RELIABLE and DEPENDANT squad players to replace the likes Diaby/Denilson/Bendtner who week in and week out constantly show no heart for our club. The Invincibles did a great job, and there is a group of 8-10 phenomenal players in our team right now, we must not ruin this because of a group of 3-4 players. It's not about talent, just look at Ray Parlour.

Ramsey/Wilshere should start against United because I am sick and tired of Diaby/Denilson.

If Ramsey doesn't start, then expect to see the usual flaffing about from Diaby/Denilson, while Park/Rooney/Fletcher shread us to pieces.
so james will be the second choice keeper at OT ? what happens when almunia is crocked?
Reply 6463
Original post by T.Adams VI
Ramsey/Wilshere should start against United because I am sick and tired of Diaby/Denilson.
If Ramsey doesn't start, then expect to see the usual flaffing about from Diaby/Denilson, while Park/Rooney/Fletcher shread us to pieces.

Agreed. Let them have a chance playing alognside eachother and it this 1 match won't make or break our season if we lose. But the remaining games after OT is what we should be aiming for. So no point in risking V.Persie/Fabregas and let Chamakh/Rosicky play.
Reply 6464
Original post by Kenan and Kel
But you just will

:lol:
Reply 6465
Original post by rhinger
And quote me, pussy.

TSR - where failing to quote someone when replying results in attempted intimidation tactics and childish name-calling.
Vermaelen is out for the rest of the season :nopity:
Reply 6467
:facepalm2:
:frown:

Also RVP fit for Saturday, Cesc out.
We've coped all season without Vermaelen - he's been a massive loss but we haven't exactly capitulated because of it.

I'd say it's testament to our strength in depth.

Worried about no Cesc on Saturday though, hopefully Wilshere can take over the WUMing of Fletcher for him.
Reply 6470
Original post by antonfigo
so james will be the second choice keeper at OT ? what happens when almunia is crocked?

Emergency call-back for Mannone, perhaps? Or perhaps we'll make an emergency loan signing, like City did last season.

I doubt we'd stick with O' Shea.
Reply 6471
Mannone is injured according to Arseblog.
Yeah, Mannone is injured - Shea's been on the bench for the Carling Cup this season, so I doubt Wenger is panicking just yet.
Reply 6473
Ah, I didn't know. However, Szczesny is probably out for longer (rumours are saying the rest of the season), so I don't think it's unlikely that Wenger might look towards Mannone if, in about three weeks, Almunia manages to get himself injured...
Original post by Darth Maul
:confused:

If you're confused by that bit, then you're quite stupid.
re: injuries - When it rains it pours.
I'm really pleased with Wenger's refusal to cooperate with UEFA.

It is about time he stopped bowing to the regulators and media so much and actually got honest with them. They are taking the piss and we shouldn't stand for their embarrassing behaviour.

I'd be happy for him to have a little rant actually and take an epic touchline holiday.

A siege mentality would do us a world of good right now... saying that, United have adopted the same mentality. I guess we will soon know who does it best. I'm 50-50 for Saturday, expecting a pretty fiery but decent match.
Reply 6477
Original post by jit987
No way Almunia can blame the players. How would he know how tiring it is defending with 10 men for the whole match.

If you read it properly you'll realise he meant fatigue and not commitment.
wenger considering a backup emergency loan goalie it seems
Original post by CB91
If you're confused by that bit, then you're quite stupid.

Wow that is really intelligent isn't it? Insult the person when all logical argument fails.

You need to take it easy on this Barcelona fan boy persona. Glory boy or what. I've bet you've never even been to a football game never mind a Barcelona game.

Also you seem to be attached to the media a lot. Whatever they say is true for you and you don't even consider it after that.

Your not worth talking to mate... ignore list it is.

Latest