The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kezped2010
I asked her at the end of the interview what the pass rate was for maths, as i knew i missed one question out thats when she said 100%, and she just said if i was successful / unsuccessful i would here anytime between now and April. To be honest, i didn't realise the placements are in liverpool, and thats alot of travelling. So i wouldn't be too upset with an unsuccessful. Great uni though.. its a tough choice to make when picking the perfect place.

Oh that's so tough!! I didn't realise!! How did you find the English, and was there a pass rate for that? I received a rejection from Sheffield Hallam today before interview and I didn't understand their reasoning and its disheartening so really hoping I get Edge hill as it was beautiful!!
Original post by bethey180
Oh that's so tough!! I didn't realise!! How did you find the English, and was there a pass rate for that? I received a rejection from Sheffield Hallam today before interview and I didn't understand their reasoning and its disheartening so really hoping I get Edge hill as it was beautiful!!

The English is done on a point scoring, so i don't know the pass rate for that one, i have applied for Cumbria and Uclan but haven't heard back from them yet, i hope you get Edge Hill.. I've heard the maths and English are tough at Uclan, but it could just be people panciking lol ... good luck i'll keep my fingers crossed for you ;-)
Anyone going London South Bank next Wednesday for the tests??
Original post by Chash22308903
Thank you!! It's not scary I promise, once the maths test is passed you have your interview slots and the questions are just about you, its pretty relaxed :smile:

Oh brilliant! What questions did they ask? Anything about current issues? Sounds very positive then! Have you heard from any of the other uni's?:smile:
Anyone going to Hertfordshire for an interview on the 18th of November ??
Original post by kjade95
Oh brilliant! What questions did they ask? Anything about current issues? Sounds very positive then! Have you heard from any of the other uni's?:smile:

Nothing about current events actually, they only asked about 6 questions and it was the typical 'tell us about you and why you want to do nursing', 'how would you deal with emotional and physical stress'...etc mainly about you and the qualities you'd bring :smile:
Original post by kjade95

Nothing from other unis yet :frown: you?
Nothing about current events actually, they only asked about 6 questions and it was the typical 'tell us about you and why you want to do nursing', 'how would you deal with emotional and physical stress'...etc mainly about you and the qualities you'd bring :smile:

Ah! sounds a little easier than the other interview plans i've seen! i hope so anyway! Let me know if you get an offer :smile: I haven't heard from any of the others yet either :frown:
Original post by kjade95
Ah! sounds a little easier than the other interview plans i've seen! i hope so anyway! Let me know if you get an offer :smile: I haven't heard from any of the others yet either :frown:

We got told we wont hear anything until march, unless they decided you were completely unsuitable there and then. otherwise they wait to compare you to other applicants they interview and then tell you in march if you got in or not :/ long time to wait!
Reply 689
Original post by J.cpfcp
Nope I'll be travelling from London tomorrow, so scared. Panicking about the maths test as I failed getting into University last year !! Making it worst. Might see you there Jade

It's been sooooo long since I last did any proper maths! I work in a shop so can do basic stuff but division etc is gonna be hard. I have printed out some mock papers I found on the Internet to do on the train over there. I'm travelling from South Wales!
Reply 690
[QUOTE=jnenp;60581975]It's been sooooo long since I last did any proper maths! I work in a shop so can do basic stuff but division etc is gonna be hard. I have printed out some mock papers I found on the Internet to do on the train over there. I'm travelling from South Wales!

That's exactly what I'm planning on doing! My 2 hour journey is going to be full of reading and maths aha!

I'm so scared for it cause I've read it's hard, I haven't done maths prosperly since my interviews last year and I work as a nursing assistant at the moment so still not that much maths!

You got to be there for 1?

Jade
Does anyone have an interview at Leeds Beckett tomorrow? I'm absolutely bricking it!
Original post by carli97
Anyone going London South Bank next Wednesday for the tests??

I have an invitation to it (6pm seems a bit late I thought!) but I'm working that day. Also couldn't find an email to ask for another date like track told me to so I've had to fill out their online web form and I don't know if that was the right thing
Has anyone applied for Nursing/Child Nursing at University or Edinburgh, Glasgow, Edinburgh Napier or Galsgow Caledonion? And heard anything back yet?? Ps good luck to you all😁
Original post by lovebug16
Has anyone applied for Nursing/Child Nursing at University or Edinburgh, Glasgow, Edinburgh Napier or Galsgow Caledonion? And heard anything back yet?? Ps good luck to you all😁

I've applied to University of Edinburgh! Not heard anything back, however I am expecting a rejection as I'm pretty sure they don't accept my access course and my GCSE grades weren't amazing (I know they are really competitive). I only applied because I had a spare choice and Edinburgh is my favourite city ever.

I have heard that they normally don't start sending out Interviews or Rejections until January though!
Reply 695
Original post by J.cpfcp
That's exactly what I'm planning on doing! My 2 hour journey is going to be full of reading and maths aha!

I'm so scared for it cause I've read it's hard, I haven't done maths prosperly since my interviews last year and I work as a nursing assistant at the moment so still not that much maths!

You got to be there for 1?

Jade

Yeah I've got to be there for 1, do you have any idea where we have to report to when we get there? Also do you know if it's non-calculator? I'm bricking it now!! Jen
Reply 696
[QUOTE=jnenp;60587285]Yeah I've got to be there for 1, do you have any idea where we have to report to when we get there? Also do you know if it's non-calculator? I'm bricking it now!! Jen

Not got a clue, I'm in Southampton now so going to try find it, think it's room 67 of the nightingale building. Not sure on the maths test I was expecting to have a bit more information but no aha!
See you there.
Jade xx
We got told we wont hear anything until march, unless they decided you were completely unsuitable there and then. otherwise they wait to compare you to other applicants they interview and then tell you in march if you got in or not :/ long time to wait!

No way!! I was hoping (by others posts from other uni's) that we'd hear pretty soon! Oh that's so annoying.. I'm so impatient!!!:frown:
Got an email to say I have an interview for LJMU for children's nursing! I've also got another email with the something has changed notification so UCAS needs to hurry up and get track working again so I can see lol
Original post by Bioscientist_
I have an invitation to it (6pm seems a bit late I thought!) but I'm working that day. Also couldn't find an email to ask for another date like track told me to so I've had to fill out their online web form and I don't know if that was the right thing

Oh, I think mine is at 2PM.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending