The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThatGuyRik
I doubt jenko will make it back unfortunately :frown: even if he's arsenal an arsenal boi.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We could probably get around £12-£15m for him, so it wouldn't be a *massive* loss, but he is far better than Chambers, and is currently a safer bet at the back than Bellerin. Unless Debuchy, Bellerin and Chambers are all insanely good for the last few games of the season, I can't see Wenger selling him (perhaps extending loan), but I think he'll just send one of Bellerin/Chambers out, and bring back Jenko.
Chambers will be a CB in the future anyway and he deffo wont go on loan next season, at least he shouldnt. I can see us either selling Jenko and keeping Bellerin as backup to Debuchy or sending Bellerin on loan to a PL club and Jenko being backup. Preferably the latter as Debuchy will probably start a decline in the next 2 seasons and then we can move him along and we'll have RB sorted for around 7/8 years.
Loan Bellerin next season, the kids been good but has a lot to learn. I get the feeling Jenko wouldn't be a complete disaster at cb if needed, he's relatively tall, pretty physical and not ridiculously slow, so would be good back up if/ a defensive injury crisis occurs. Plus he is more likely to offer Debuchy serious competition for his starting spot, something that has helped Gibbs and Montreal massively and turned lb into one of our strongest positions
Original post by leinad2012
Loan Bellerin next season, the kids been good but has a lot to learn. I get the feeling Jenko wouldn't be a complete disaster at cb if needed, he's relatively tall, pretty physical and not ridiculously slow, so would be good back up if/ a defensive injury crisis occurs. Plus he is more likely to offer Debuchy serious competition for his starting spot, something that has helped Gibbs and Montreal massively and turned lb into one of our strongest positions

would need to be a massive defensive crisis haha, still got Chambers, Gabriel and Hayden(lol) and even Monreal and Flamini would probably be considered before Jenko would need to step in.
Original post by Arkasia
The problem with Bellerin is that his timing and decision making is sometimes off, and that I have seen ISIS victims with a better ability at heading the ball than him.

****ing hell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H

Rofl thought it was Just me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Rofl thought it was Just me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by TH3-FL45H

Sorry for that last comment about Bellerin if anyone found it offensive :/
Original post by fallen_acorns
piss off.

- sincerly.

Acorns.

(PS, do actually stay around in the football forum. but just dont be a dick about it)

Alright
Original post by Arkasia
Sorry for that last comment about Bellerin if anyone found it offensive :/

Didn't find it offensive just weird that's all xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
xD
Hope Febregas gets booked against united next week and suspended, I can't bear the thought of that apologist playing for Chelsea at the Emirates. Plus the fans would probably boo him which would be disappointing
Reply 7031
Hope Febregas gets booked against united next week and suspended, I can't bear the thought of that apologist playing for Chelsea at the Emirates. Plus the fans would probably boo him which would be disappointing

You guys must be looking forward to your trip to OT? :smile:
Original post by samba
You guys must be looking forward to your trip to OT? :smile:

Not really thought about it there's what 5 games before we go there, a lot can happen in a month.

Plus you won yesterday but city were pretty shocking and still should have scored 3 plus 2 of your goals were offside (well the Fellaini one was borderline tbf). Your home record is excellent but I'm sure if we can summon up the #SpiritofDanny we'll be ok
LOL these posts :biggrin:
Few points since I havent posted in a while

-Liverpool was as well as Ive seen us play in years. Aggressive, fluid, tactically solid, defensively sound. If youd told me a year ago that Giroud would be pressing from the front with Sanchez hustling alongside and a solid DM covering I'd have been amazed. Really hope we just put them to the sword if we meet them in the final because we are a much better side in truth, cant get complacent.

-Coquelin is fulfilling his role well but I think his main contribution is essentially that he does his job at all. With the attacking talent we have we'll never long term struggle to create chances and so just having someone who puts themselves about, is aggressive and relatively disciplined just completes the team. You dont need to be a top DM to have this effect imo and looking at some of Coq's all round play, his range of passing etc I'd still very much like to see someone like Schneiderlin or Konglobia in the summer. But Wenger will of course give the young guy a shot at the team and Coq is far from a disaster. May not be fair but I suspect the guy is playing at above his level as well since he's so determined to not end up at Charlton but this kind of intensity wears off I think. End of the day, Ive seen Coquelin at his very worst(vs Schalke 2012 :mad:) and he couldnt get a game at relegation threatened Freiberg last season so you have to think a bit longer about whether he's good enough for the XI rather than as a squad player. Thankfully Flamini and Diaby are gone in the summer so we could easily bring in a senior DM.

-Ramsey at RW working relatively well because of Bellerin overlapping. Quite a different role from last season when Ramsey was basically B2B but I quite like Ramsey's defensive contribution on the wing too.

-Per Mertesacker has turned his season round completely, was really awful earlier but looking solid once again now. Personally prefer to see Gabriel and Kosc longer term as the pairing but happy for Per to be involved next season. Against your Burnleys and your Sunderlands he's absolutely fine as an option.

-Coming round to Bellerin to an extent but his defensive contribution is still quite poor. Positionally he is Andros Santos levels of pish at times and even Burnley rinsed him like 3 times. And for a player who's so fast he still gets turned relatively easily, like for Liverpool's pen. Ashley Cole at the same age loved to get forward to but he learned very quickly how to pick his moments and as importantly how to tackle and show wingers the outisde rather rather than the inside and how to make a tackle. Similar to Willian at Chelsea when people rave about his defensive contribution when he's a poverty attacker, why not just play a RB at RW then? If Bellerin is all about his attacking then why not just have Theo Walcott RB? That's how I see it anyway. Personally prefer Carl Jenkinson to be understudy to Debuchy next season with Bellerin on loan to someone. (West Ham?)
(edited 9 years ago)
Konglobia

I've been counting the days. Nothing like seeing that little rat come face to face with what he's been trying to ignore, that he's a hate figure at a club he'd like to think he's still connected with. And he definitely will get a lot of abuse, wish I sat near the corner for his set pieces tbh. Wouldnt surprise me for one sec to see Cesc get an 'accidental' last minute booking to avoid the game though. I'd really like to push him into embracing the Chav identity, really dont think he likes them either lool, because I cringe everytime I see him chatting about Arsenal.

I do think we'll beat Chelsea btw, even though it means jack **** for any pipe dream title bid.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Konglobia

Great player.

Arsenal need to chase Cech with intent. Most title challenges are built on a solid pair of hands between the sticks, and Cech wants to stick in London. Arsenal would make sense for him, and Mourinho has implied that he'll be given the choice of where he goes.

Your form is massively impressive recently, but it's still to be determined whether you can maintain it from the early stages of the season when the pressure isn't off.
Original post by Mackay
Great player.

Arsenal need to chase Cech with intent. Most title challenges are built on a solid pair of hands between the sticks, and Cech wants to stick in London. Arsenal would make sense for him, and Mourinho has implied that he'll be given the choice of where he goes.

Your form is massively impressive recently, but it's still to be determined whether you can maintain it from the early stages of the season when the pressure isn't off.

Not a hope, Mourinho has a pathological dislike of Arsenal/Wenger(like the criminals who hold a grudge against decent people) and he'll never allow that.

Ospina is ****e and Szczesny has gone backwards and is too much of a dickhead to get his act together so we need someone imo. Dream signing is Lloris personally, if he had some kind of buy out clause that is. Or if City fancy selling us Hart for their FFP purposes we'll cut them a cheque as well of course...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
I've been counting the days. Nothing like seeing that little rat come face to face with what he's been trying to ignore, that he's a hate figure at a club he'd like to think he's still connected with. And he definitely will get a lot of abuse, wish I sat near the corner for his set pieces tbh. Wouldnt surprise me for one sec to see Cesc get an 'accidental' last minute booking to avoid the game though. I'd really like to push him into embracing the Chav identity, really dont think he likes them either lool, because I cringe everytime I see him chatting about Arsenal.

I do think we'll beat Chelsea btw, even though it means jack **** for any pipe dream title bid.

Trying to ignore? Pahaha. Love how in your second post back you're back to giving unnecessary and uncalled for abuse about our club, almost like you've got an #inferioritycomplex

Latest