The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by little_tom
Sociedad's president just confirmed that we're intending to use our clause for Vela.
source?
Wenger is the higher class version wheeler dealer, basically.
Hi Arsenal fans

For anyone on here who has not seen this already we have a
TSR World Cup predictions tournament taking place with prizes to be won
Reply 7324
Original post by AR_95
source?

He talked to Cadena Ser about it yesterday. http://www.cadenaser.com/euskadi/articulo/jokin-aperribay-cosas-estan-cerca-lejos-vela-bravo/csrcsrpor/20140610csrcsreus_19/Tes

Was quite vague about that though. He was asked whether Arsenal play with the idea of activating the clause and he said:
"Si, no es de forma tajante o no tajante, ellos nos han dejado claro que pudieran querer que esté el próximo año con ellos y nos lo han dejado claro". ----- "Yes, it isn't definite or not definite. They have made it clear to us that they could want to have him with them next season and we have done the same."

Also said that they were negotiating but weren't close and that Vela preferred to stay at Sociedad. Didn't sound too pessimistic overall. Guess they really hope that they could still get rid of the clause.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by C.Almasy
Wenger is the higher class version wheeler dealer, basically.

Nothing is done yet. I can see this transfer dragging on. The ball is in Vela's court so if he wants to come, he has that opportunity, but personal terms is where everything lies. Sociedad want full ownership over Vela's future and they're prepared to make him the club's highest earner (£40,000 a week). If he takes that offer he will be contracted until 2018, and there will probably be a high release clause in there somewhere putting bigger clubs off.
Inb4 normal Arsenal summer and no transfers till deadline day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Webster2002

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm hoping more for the 'sign an elite player out of the blue' summer we had last year.
Original post by Webster2002

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there anything to suggest otherwise tho?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nobody has mentioned the increasing rumours about Atletico being interested in Cazorla.

Santi to Atleti to make way for Cesc to us? :cool:
Original post by e aí rapaz
Nobody has mentioned the increasing rumours about Atletico being interested in Cazorla.

Santi to Atleti to make way for Cesc to us? :cool:

When has Wenger ever let a player of Santi's standard go to replace him with a better one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B-Stacks
When has Wenger ever let a player of Santi's standard go to replace him with a better one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Won't be hard to improve on Santi
Original post by De Chirico
I'm hoping more for the 'sign an elite player out of the blue' summer we had last year.

...on deadline day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Straight up G
Won't be hard to improve on Santi

He's better than all of your midfielders bar maybe Coutinho (going on this season gone definitely, season before that he was quality).
Original post by Pete_91
He's better than all of your midfielders bar maybe Coutinho (going on this season gone definitely, season before that he was quality).

If you asked me to choose between Coutinho and Cazorla it'd be 50/50. I'd take Sterling over him, and the only other player who plays the CAM/wing role is Suarez...
I'd take Cazorla over Coutinho in a heartbeat.

But that's not really the point. The point is, maybe Arsene is gonna do some smart **** and take Cesc over Cazorla.
Original post by Straight up G
If you asked me to choose between Coutinho and Cazorla it'd be 50/50. I'd take Sterling over him, and the only other player who plays the CAM/wing role is Suarez...

Yeah probably should have explained that better. I'd take Sterling over him as a LW, yeah. Not in a CAM/CM role though.

He's better technically than all of your midfielders, being two footed and better in the final third. Has a better shot than Coutinho by miles too.
Original post by e aí rapaz
I'd take Cazorla over Coutinho in a heartbeat.

But that's not really the point. The point is, maybe Arsene is gonna do some smart **** and take Cesc over Cazorla.

Cazorla is levels above Cou.
Original post by Kruz
Cazorla is levels above Cou.
You rate Cazorla too highly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cazorla was absolutely ****ing dross last season and only excelled the season before cus he was the shining light in a shower of ****. He's the definition of a big game bottler perhaps only eclipsed by ozil. Wouldn't start for any other top 4 team yet a lot of people consider him one of our best players speaks volumes of how far away we are from the city's, Chelsea's and liverpools of the league. Absolute bang average player who wouldn't get anywhere near the top sides in Europe

Latest